Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackfoot Again 10/16
I went back to Blackfoot again by myself. The bite was great between first light and 9am I landed 7, broke one off and missed several bites, then I added my 8th while I was packing up at 10:30. I released all of my fish today, all rainbows except for 1 cutthroat the largest of the day at 22” I got him when I made a poor cast while I was reeling in to recast he slammed my offering about 15’ off the bank and put up a good drag pulling fight. The rainbows are fat and happy like mini 2-3lb. Steelhead. A combination of night crawler and marshmallow or power bait to float it up off the bottom is the ticket with the fish up shallow you don’t have to cast far to get them.
[Image: C28-FC4-EF-6-F5-F-4922-8-CCA-410-F4-D74-CCB6.jpg]
(10-17-2021, 09:58 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I went back to Blackfoot again by myself. The bite was great between first light and 9am I landed 7, broke one off and missed several bites, then I added my 8th while I was packing up at 10:30. I released all of my fish today, all rainbows except for 1 cutthroat the largest of the day at 22” I got him when I made a poor cast while I was reeling in to recast he slammed my offering about 15’ off the bank and put up a good drag pulling fight. The rainbows are fat and happy like mini 2-3lb. Steelhead. A combination of night crawler and marshmallow or power bait to float it up off the bottom is the ticket with the fish up shallow you don’t have to cast far to get them.

Thanks for the report and pic Shawn, that's a great cutty are there a lot of them in Blackfoot? I thought Randy was going out with you?
(10-18-2021, 01:37 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(10-17-2021, 09:58 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: I went back to Blackfoot again by myself. The bite was great between first light and 9am I landed 7, broke one off and missed several bites, then I added my 8th while I was packing up at 10:30. I released all of my fish today, all rainbows except for 1 cutthroat the largest of the day at 22” I got him when I made a poor cast while I was reeling in to recast he slammed my offering about 15’ off the bank and put up a good drag pulling fight. The rainbows are fat and happy like mini 2-3lb. Steelhead. A combination of night crawler and marshmallow or power bait to float it up off the bottom is the ticket with the fish up shallow you don’t have to cast far to get them.

Thanks for the report and pic Shawn, that's a great cutty are there a lot of them in Blackfoot? I thought Randy was going out with you?

I don't think there are a lot, Randy said you cant keep them, he put one back last weekend and my ratio for that last 2 weeks has been 22 rainbows and 1 cutthroat, Randy decided to go pheasant hunting it was opening day, I met up with him after at his place and hung out.
Always loved fishing Blackfoot. When I was a kid my Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Cousins used to have huge fishing camp outs up there on what was the old carp beds where the catfood companies would process the carp. The trout were huge and put up a great fight.