Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek - Cutts and Crappy
Lost Creek – 16 Oct 2021: Fished (trolled) from 2-6pm. Water temp 56F. Water was extremely low (seems worst than 2004). Weather was sunny and calm and I only needed one long shirt. Beautiful scenery and a therapeutic day. Only one other boat on the lake, a small blue aluminum boat. Seemed pretty quiet for a Saturday. Saw quite a few fish on sonar especially near points. All appeared smallish and that is what I caught all day 12-15 inchers. I have heard reports of some bigger fish in there but the vast majority seem below the slot limit and probably less than a year old. Most are suspended between 18-40’. I saw a fair number of bait balls still around here and there on sonar with fish hanging around them. I trolled smaller flat-fish and some smaller Rapalas. I did much better with flat-fish. I lost a few lures to the new underwater hazards rising up from the low water level. At one point I threw on a Jakes spin-a-lure in gold with red dots and just trolled it with good success. There were a few bank tanglers. Some with fly rods. I think that Jakes would be good to cast out from the rocky points if resigned to the banks. I would get a larger one and use light line to get a longer cast.

The cement boat ramp is still going all the way down to the waters edge but the launch is shallow at that point. I was impressed they poured the cement down that far.

Now for the "crappy" report (not crappie). Stopped into the cement outhouse provided by the State near the boat ramp. The toilet was completely filled with trash. There were bags of trash thrown all around the inside on the floor (hard liquor bottles included). The sign outside said “you pack it in - you pack it out”. The sign inside said “don’t throw trash in the latrine”. There was dried feces all over the seat. I guess it was just a barbarian holiday that I had never heard of. 

After what I saw there, I am confident the rest of the fishing regulations are be followed at Lost Creek – NOT!            

Sorry to end on such a crappy note.
Thanks for the report, Sad to see it end on the crappy note, but it seems some folks should be banned from enjoying the outdoors until they learn how to treat them with respect... I can't understand why they feel they have to do such things... they probably complain the next time they get there because the place is trashed.... Well glad you and I take care of things anyway, and I know there are a lot more that do too. Always makes me feel glad when I see someone with a trash bag picking up after the slobs... I need to be more like those folks that not only pack out their own stuff, but take an extra bag of crap out as well... I'm going to try to do a better job that way... I know Newton has a couple garbage trucks worth of stuff scattered on the banks now... I'll have to take a big bag next trip... I usually pick up my bait cooler full, but it won't hold much compared to what is there... Afraid that's the only way things will stay nice, is if we do something about it... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Disgusting, ain't it.

Humans are animals sometimes...having to mark their territories.  Animals usually just use urine.  Humans use almost anything and everything.

Glad to see you at least got out.  You've not been very active fishingwise.