Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newton 10/18
I'm trying to catch a big tiger-muskie, (one of the fish that has eluded me.)  I've caught a tiger-muskie before, but it was only 27" and a long time ago.  I had to go to Logan today so I swung over to Newton.  I almost got my wish and tied into a bruiser, but only long enough for it to break the surface and gift me my lure back.  One other follow with a small TM.  

I did catch a few bass and actually got a personal best at 21".  So it ended up being an OK afternoon.
[Image: 20211018-124941.jpg]

[Image: 20211018-133123-2.jpg]

[Image: 20211018-133137-1.jpg]

[Image: 20211018-133153-2.jpg]

[Image: 20211018-144813.jpg]
Nice job Paul, they are some beauties...Howz the water level and mud on the edges? Kind of looks like it might be recovering a little bit... Hope so, sure hope everything doesn't die this winter... Thanks for the report... J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Water level has come up a bit, maybe a foot since I was there a couple of weeks ago   Mud is a factor with  the wet weather.  I had to scrape my shoes off a couple of times.
Thanks for that update... If I can get some free time, I'd like to get back over there and try it again... Either that or may take the boat back to Hyrum and see if I can find a couple nice sized perch again... I've been so crazy busy lately that I can't seem to get out fishing, it's a bad thing to have going on.... Hopefully soon I can find a chance to do it... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Thanks for the report and update. A 21" bass is a good one. I'd like add Tiger muskie to my list before the ice comes.