Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sandy Beach park moving ahead
A few days ago I rode down to sandy beach and was surprised to see that more work has been completed by the county on the planned new park.  Several pieces of heavy equipment were on site. It had been leveled and the borders defined. 

I asked the Utah Lake Commission for drawings so that I could understand better what the project would look like when it is completed. From what I saw down there and the drawing they provided, it will be a nice facility with parking, a toilet and 10 covered pavillions. I have asked the commission for more info.

As most of you know, the lake is very shallow off-shore from the beach and the terminus where the river dumps into the lake. Shallow draft boats, kayaks and duck boats launch there, but it will require dredging for a usable ramp. If that is planned, it will be a welcome addition. but probably not in the plans.

For many years the area has been a garbage magnet and a late night party area. I hope all that will end with the addition of the new park. I also congratulate all the people in many organizations that gathered together to make this happen and fervently hope they will see it to fruition,
something the county commission with its every changing membership has failed to do anything with in spite of their promises.

[Image: Sandy-Beach-Layout-2.jpg]
[Image: Sandy-Beach-Layout-2.jpg]
Welcome to the site. Looks like it will be a nice area once it is complete.
Thanks for the information. If it hold true I'll definitely fish the more
Thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed it but I didn't even know they were doing that. I sure hope they work something out so that fishing boats can launch there.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(10-21-2021, 01:25 PM)catchinon Wrote: Thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed it but I didn't even know they were doing that. I sure hope they work something out so that fishing boats can launch there.

It would require a harbor to launch in that area, when that north west wind kicks up, be nice if they would make LB bigger and deeper,  Smile
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Anybody know how the beach park south of Lindon Marina turn out?
I believe it was north of the bubble-up area?