Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Reputation?
Couple of questions about Bigfish tackle.

What is the Reputation rating?

How does it work?

What is the reason for it?

As a forum reader should I take into consideration someones reputation rating before reading their post?

Right now I have a reputation rating of 3, which seems to be on the low side.

If I was to hold a small fish out at arms length in front of the camera and tell everyone on here that it was a real toad,,, would that bring my rating down to 0?
Grest question. I hope Curt can shed some light on it. I pretty much ignore it.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
I don't worry about it either, not really sure how it works, but I'm guessing if someone likes your post they can rate you.
Now your rep is 4...must have done something right.
(11-02-2021, 12:19 AM)castnshoot Wrote: Couple of questions about Bigfishtackle.What is the Reputation rating?
How does it work?
As a forum reader should I take into consideration someones reputation rating before reading their post?
If I was to hold a small fish out at arms length in front of the camera and tell everyone on here that it was a real toad,,, would that bring my rating down to 0?

Members can use it how ever they want I guess but it seems to me most members use to show they appreciate either the post those members made or the info those members share in their post. I think you can read what comments were made by clicking on the number.
The old site never had this but I guess it must be something the site builders included in the site. when it was rebuilt. Not sure why anyone would pay any attention to that number when reading a post, it should have no bearing on if the reader looks at a post or not. For me I read a post I have an interest in, not what the posters rating is.
(11-02-2021, 12:19 AM)castnshoot Wrote: Couple of questions about Bigfish tackle.

What is the Reputation rating?

How does it work?

I see it as a rating tool that allows you to like or dislike a post.  You can click on the 'RATE' button of an individual post and select a plus (+) or negative(-) rating and add a comment.  That will increase or decrease a members 'REPUTATION' number up or down.  For the member, you can open your profile and then view all of the rating inputs along with any comments left by the rater.  Check it out; I just rated your post above and left you a comment.  Your REPUTATION is now at 5.

You can also click on the Reputation Number under a members username and view all of the ratings and comments along with what post they were made about.  Only you can decide if this function has any value for you.   
Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I see,, thanks.