Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Glory Hole
Lake Berryessa, Napa County northern California. I was stationed at Travis AFB in 1973 near Fairfield & Vacaville. I use to frequent Berryessa for fishing and Putah Creek below the dam. Whenever a heavy rainy season would come this lake would fill and spill over into the Glory Hole. I have seen it on 3 separate occasions throughout the years living in northern Calif even with other residency in later years in Sacramento. Watching the active spillway in person is quite a spectacular site vs seeing pics.

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole-1.jpg]
           Full Pool

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole.jpg]
     Active Spillway

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole-2.jpg]

[Image: The-Glory-Hole.jpg]
This pic was sent to me

last week. The lake level
has risen since last weeks
atmospheric river came thru.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
The pics are great, so I'm sure seeing for real would be even better. Thanks for sharing..... interesting concept really.....
(11-02-2021, 05:12 PM)Bduck Wrote: Lake Berryessa, Napa County northern California. I was stationed at Travis AFB in 1973 near Fairfield & Vacaville. I use to frequent Berryessa for fishing and Putah Creek below the dam. Whenever a heavy rainy season would come this lake would fill and spill over into the Glory Hole. I have seen it on 3 separate occasions throughout the years living in northern Calif even with other residency in later years in Sacramento. Watching the active spillway in person is quite a spectacular site vs seeing pics.

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole-1.jpg]
           Full Pool

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole.jpg]
     Active Spillway

[Image: Lake-Berryessa-Glory-Hole-2.jpg]

[Image: The-Glory-Hole.jpg]
This pic was sent to me

last week. The lake level
has risen since last weeks
atmospheric river came thru.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

If we get enough water this year you can see the same thing at Joes Valley Reservoir. Smile
Very cool pics, that'd be something to see in person.
I have seen that type of spillway before, not sure if it was that one but it could have been. This is suppose to be a La Nina effect Winter, which means more water in our area of Northern Utah and N Cal I believe but that lake being so low, do you think it could recover that much 35 plus feet in one year?
(11-03-2021, 11:21 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I have seen that type of spillway before, not sure if it was that one but it could have been. This is suppose to be a La Nina effect Winter, which means more water in our area of Northern Utah and N Cal I believe but that lake being so low, do you think it could recover that much 35 plus feet in one year?

Storms that come off of the Pacific are known to dump torrential rains along the coast and inland a ways. What may hit with 10-15" there might hit Sacramento with an inch before it starts backing up against the Sierras. Lake Berryessa has been thru this a few times and with the wet year being supplied by mother nature it won't take long for this lake to fill.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF