Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2021/2022 Ice Fishing Challenge Standings
Sure, Fritz - Of course someone knows. Lol. I developed the spreadsheet with the formulas used for tracking the Ice Challenge. Thanks for the question and your participation in the Challenge.

First off, did you read the rules? It is really quite simple. I feel it is explained well in the rules. Reading them should help. As you know, each fish you post falls within one of the 5 different categories (Panfish, trout, bass, predator or other). Only the largest fish you post within the category is ranked.  Your largest fish in that category is ranked against the other contestants' largest fish within the category.  To get your score, you add your rankings for each of the five categories. The contestant with the lowest score is the contest leader/winner.

So to answer your specific question.
Yes, you could potentially have the lowest total score (First Place) by only posting 3 or 4 species and 40" of fish, if they were the highest ranked for the three or 4 categories (say panfish, trout and bass) over someone with 10 species and 200", especially if they are all in one or two categories (Say 4 "Predators" and 6 "Other"). In this case, only two fish would be ranked for the contestant that posted 10 fish but the length for all 10 species would be added for total inches. So the "Challenge" is to get one large fish for each category.

We also like to track the number of species posted by each contestant and may provide a prize for the contestant that posts the most species. The spreadsheet tracks total inches mainly just for data and curiosity's sake.

Shoot me a PM if you still have questions.

Happy fishing! Ron

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2021/2022 Ice Fishing Challenge Standings - by Fritzfishin - 12-16-2021, 04:26 PM
RE: 2021/2022 Ice Fishing Challenge Standings - by Fritzfishin - 03-10-2022, 08:20 PM
RE: 2021/2022 Ice Fishing Challenge Standings - by hookngrinin - 03-11-2022, 12:52 AM
RE: 2021/2022 Ice Fishing Challenge Standings - by Fritzfishin - 03-11-2022, 07:27 PM