Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLC Refugee
Retired, my wife and I recently escaped from the Salt Lake valley to live in upper Weber Canyon near Smith & Morehouse. I'm primarily a boat fisherman but look forward to exploring some of the small local waters. I love fishing any season and catching any fish, but favorites include wipers, mackinaw and muskie. Flaming Gorge is an obsession. I look forward to contributing, here.
Welcome to BFT. I fished Smith and Morehouse yesterday and I am envious of where you live, other than how cold it gets up there. Please be sure to join us on the Utah forums.
Welcome to the site, nice area you live in, have you ever fished at Smith and morehouse?
I fished S&M a couple times last Fall and caught a few planter rainbows. Plan to ice fish it soon and the grandkids are lining up to fish there with me this Summer. But I'm more interested in the river and some of the other little lakes nearby. I've heard rumors of wild cutthroat in some of these waters and that definitely gets my interest.
(01-30-2022, 02:57 PM)Finnegan Wrote: I fished S&M a couple times last Fall and caught a few planter rainbows. Plan to ice fish it soon and the grandkids are lining up to fish there with me this Summer. But I'm more interested in the river and some of the other little lakes nearby. I've heard rumors of wild cutthroat in some of these waters and that definitely gets my interest.

What I like about S & M is it has grayling and kokanee and it's a out of the way body of water. Looking forward to reading your future post.
S&M is such a fun spot to hit for ice off to. Got to do that again this year. Welcome to the site
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew