Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive Bys
I got bored yesterday and took a little drive and checked out Willard, Mantua, & Hyrum.  Willard is mostly capped but unsafe.  I checked both marinas and both had thin ice.  Here are a couple of pictures of the north marina.

[Image: y2mjqKg.jpg]

[Image: 8jJiCCh.jpg]

Next stop was at Mantua.  I talked to one person and he said the ice was 4 inches of clear and 2 layers of hard slush about am 1 & 1/2 each with water between them.  Here's some pictures.

[Image: nwoHZ0h.jpg]

[Image: 9F0aU9Y.jpg]

[Image: aDSyyKk.jpg]

[Image: 63RNFZr.jpg]

Last stop was Hyrum.  Folks were right off the dam face:

[Image: A7EUnoF.jpg]

And there were a few off the boat ramp area and the swim beach area.  The edges are 3 to 5 feet of open water.  Once on the ice, you're looking at about 4 inches of ice.  The deck is nothing but slick, slick, and more slick.  Cleats are 100% recommended by me.  I did not fish today - just looked.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Bob, not sure how you posted your pictures, but I can't expand any of them.
(01-09-2022, 06:19 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Bob, not sure how you posted your pictures, but I can't expand any of them.
The BFT built in 'ADD IMAGE' function destroys the quality of images from high res cameras when it automatically uploads it from the source.  They turn out fuzzy beyond belief.  So I uploaded them to IMGUR and then used that link to put them in my post.  If you, like so many folks these days, are using your phone to look at this thread, that may explain why you need to expand them.  They are very readable on my 24" computer monitor.

Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
(01-09-2022, 06:47 PM)dubob Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 06:19 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Bob, not sure how you posted your pictures, but I can't expand any of them.
The BFT built in 'ADD IMAGE' function destroys the quality of images from high res cameras when it automatically uploads it from the source.  They turn out fuzzy beyond belief.  So I uploaded them to IMGUR and then used that link to put them in my post.  If you, like so many folks these days, are using your phone to look at this thread, that may explain why you need to expand them.  They are very readable on my 24" computer monitor.

Big Grin

Thanks for not using the attachment method Bob, I have seen one other member use this IMGUR method. Would it be possible for you to write a description on how you do it?
By the way, if you click on the pics that are uploaded using the "ADD IMAGE" method they will enlarge and for really big pics, if you click twice they will enlarge even more.
Thanks for getting out there and checking out the conditions at these lakes.
(01-09-2022, 06:47 PM)dubob Wrote:

Big Grin

I was using my desktop computer.  I don't know what changed but the pictures are now full screen.
Thanks for the recon!!

LT
Great job, is the open bay at willard ice caped too?
(01-09-2022, 10:45 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: Great job, is the open bay at willard ice caped too?

Mostly
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Great job on recon. Thank you Bob!