Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FLIGS
The past 3 or 4 years I've became a big fan of TDs floating jigs. I've been making my own, but they aren't near as pretty as Pat's.  A recent post pointed me towards Venom Lures and I found these.  They arrived today and I'm impressed with their quality. 5 pack for 3.45 plus shipping and handling. These are large so I'm ordering some smalls for night crawlers and gulp goodies.
[Image: IMG-20220113-135445640.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20220113-135748.png]
(01-13-2022, 09:06 PM)FatBiker Wrote: The past 3 or 4 years I've became a big fan of TDs floating jigs. I've been making my own, but they aren't near as pretty as Pat's.  A recent post pointed me towards Venom Lures and I found these.  They arrived today and I'm impressed with their quality. 5 pack for 3.45 plus shipping and handling. These are large so I'm ordering some smalls for night crawlers and gulp goodies.
[Image: IMG-20220113-135445640.jpg]

[Image: Screenshot-20220113-135748.png]
Those are all good colors and look to be decent quality.  But if you wanna get some even smaller ones, I know a guy who makes them.

[Image: FLIG-GLOWS.jpg]  [Image: ICE-FLIGS-NON-GLOW.jpg]

The key thing for fishing a floating jig head beneath the ice is the rigging.  Best to rig "dropshot" style...with a sinker on the bottom and the flig a few inches above.  Another option is to use a 1/8 to 1/4 oz. jig on the bottom, instead of a sinker.  Small jigging spoons work great...both as a weight and as an attractor.

I like the larger one TubeDude makes when I'm trolling. It will float those larger baits and float better when you go a little faster. works very well with a small propeller blade.