Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palisades Ice?
Is there ice at Big Elk Creek Lake side or anywhere else?   If not it will be Henry's or mud lake I think
Haven't heard, do know that it's very low though.
Fished it last Thursday and Saturday. Entire lake is frozen. We have been getting on at little elk creek as there is a decent trail down there. Edges are usual PaliSades. Be careful! Someone has left a board at little elk so getting on is easy. Probably 10 to 12 inches of good ice where we fished. Not much snow on the ice and no slush! Best ice conditions I've seen in a long time. Fishing has been good. Lots of medium size browns and cutts and a few suckers. hope this report helps you out. And yes, it's a bit of a hike to the water but not terrible. Gets your cardio in for the day.
(01-17-2022, 10:01 PM)hookedlikeu Wrote: Fished it last Thursday and Saturday. Entire lake is frozen. We have been getting on at little elk creek as there is a decent trail down there. Edges are usual PaliSades. Be careful! Someone has left a board at little elk so getting on is easy. Probably 10 to 12 inches of good ice where we fished. Not much snow on the ice and no slush! Best ice conditions I've seen in a long time. Fishing has been good. Lots of medium size browns and cutts and a few suckers. hope this report helps you out. And yes, it's a bit of a hike to the water but not terrible. Gets your cardio in for the day.

Thank you, we will try it this weekend.