Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owners manual for older Cannon downrigger
I have two Cannon Marlin manual downriggers.  The serial number for one of them is 1213592.  I would like to have the owners manual for this downrigger.

Thank you for your help.
(01-15-2022, 07:07 PM)physion Wrote: I have two Cannon Marlin manual downriggers.  The serial number for one of them is 1213592.  I would like to have the owners manual for this downrigger.

Thank you for your help.

Do you want a owners manual for a parts guide or to understand how to use it?  I don't believe they make that model any longer, so you might have a hard time finding one.
Try this

Attached Files
.pdf   CNN_productmanual_easi-uni-troll.pdf (Size: 10.49 MB / Downloads: 5)
I know how to use the downrigger.  That isn't the problem.  I would like to know what I am getting into if I need to disassemble it for some reason.  The unitroll manual is probably close.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I would also like to know what weights it is supposed to handle.  Right now I am using 10 pound pancake weights and they seem to be ok.  However, I don't want to have a problem longterm.

I know this Cannon Marlin manual model is no longer made.  I was hoping someone would still have their directions and be willing to send me a pdf.

Thank you for your responses.
(01-16-2022, 01:49 AM)physion Wrote: I know how to use the downrigger.  That isn't the problem.  I would like to know what I am getting into if I need to disassemble it for some reason.  The unitroll manual is probably close.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I would also like to know what weights it is supposed to handle.  Right now I am using 10 pound pancake weights and they seem to be ok.  However, I don't want to have a problem longterm.

I know this Cannon Marlin manual model is no longer made.  I was hoping someone would still have their directions and be willing to send me a pdf.

Thank you for your responses.

Although they do not list your riggere this is what Cannon says about DR weights. I've never used one larger than 12 lb, the 10 lber you have should work just fine:
https://www.cannondownriggers.com/suppor...downrigger
Thank you for your help.  I will continue to use the 10 lb weights unless I learn something different.  I tend to err on the safe side, but the 10 lbs appear to be ok.  I prefer not to buy 8 lb weights unless there is a good reason.  The cost would obviously buy lots of hoochies!!
(01-16-2022, 05:31 AM)physion Wrote: Thank you for your help.  I will continue to use the 10 lb weights unless I learn something different.  I tend to err on the safe side, but the 10 lbs appear to be ok.  I prefer not to buy 8 lb weights unless there is a good reason.  The cost would obviously buy lots of hoochies!!

When I'm fishing deeper than 15 feet or so, I always use my 10 lb Pancake weight but when it is 15 ft or less I will go all the way down to a 4 lb ball. There is a little blow back but it's not enough to make much difference, plus a 4 lb ball is much easier to use.