Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamilton Lake Indiana Bass Fishing Video
I fished Hamilton Lake in northwest Indiana last spring right after ice out.  Hamilton lake is located in the northeast section of the state.  It's around 1000 acres and tons of fishing pressure and boat traffic throughout the busy summer months.  The water surface temperature on the main lake was running around 42 degrees.  There was a back bay that was holding some shad which the bass were feeding on.  Found a couple patterns that caught some decent sized bass in the morning.  If you haven't tried an umbrella rig, this video might be good to check out when I chose to use it.  It's not my favorite method of fishing but can be effective when the bass are on a good shad bite.

Hamilton Lake Indiana Fishing Video Click Here

[Image: Hamilton-Small.jpg]
Wow, there is a lot of houses on that lake. I've tried trolling one of those umbrella rigs before, it was way too much drag for me, so I never tried one again. A few of those bass were nice, how big was that largest one?
(01-16-2023, 07:01 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wow, there is a lot of houses on that lake. I've tried trolling one of those umbrella rigs before, it was way too much drag for me, so I never tried one again. A few of those bass were nice, how big was that largest one?

Majority of the inland lakes around here are like that with the houses around it.  I've never trolled one of those umbrella rigs before.  I know guys use them for lake trout on Lake Michigan and Superior.  It's a lot of work chucking that around, so I usually don't last too long casting it.  The biggest bass was just a smidge under 5 lbs. on my scale.   That lake usually has tournaments almost every day of the week, so it's a tough one to get on during the summer months.    I can only imagine what those property values must be on the lake in today's market.

Thanks for your input.  Much appreciated.