Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Porcupine with 2Knots 1/20
Alan and I fished Porcupine Friday, we marked a number of fish, but they where tight lipped Allen got one bow and I got a Bow and a 9" Kokanee. I'm glad he brought his snowmobile and quad for us to ride in from the base of the dam, had I been by myself in my truck I would have gotten  in trouble, the road to the back is pretty passible until just before the first launch, where it gets pretty ugly for a couple turns where there is evidence of others who have been stuck. We got on the ice near the spring and fished in 20-25' of water the ice was 16+ inches thick.
(01-23-2022, 12:08 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Alan and I fished Porcupine Friday, we marked a number of fish, but they where tight lipped Allen got one bow and I got a Bow and a 9" Kokanee. I'm glad he brought his snowmobile and quad for us to ride in from the base of the dam, had I been by myself in my truck I would have gotten  in trouble, the road to the back is pretty passible until just before the first launch, where it gets pretty ugly for a couple turns where there is evidence of others who have been stuck. We got on the ice near the spring and fished in 20-25' of water the ice was 16+ inches thick.

Thanks for the report Shawn, too bad the catching wasn't better. Was the koke in a group when it came by or a single?
(01-23-2022, 12:54 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 12:08 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Alan and I fished Porcupine Friday, we marked a number of fish, but they where tight lipped Allen got one bow and I got a Bow and a 9" Kokanee. I'm glad he brought his snowmobile and quad for us to ride in from the base of the dam, had I been by myself in my truck I would have gotten  in trouble, the road to the back is pretty passible until just before the first launch, where it gets pretty ugly for a couple turns where there is evidence of others who have been stuck. We got on the ice near the spring and fished in 20-25' of water the ice was 16+ inches thick.

Thanks for the report Shawn, too bad the catching wasn't better. Was the koke in a group when it came by or a single?

Schools cruised through several times but I was busy chasing the big marks trying to catch Browns. I caught the one out of the first school to confirm my suspicion and then didn't mess with them after that.
How much snow was on the ice? It seams like hard work to get small kokanees.
(01-23-2022, 01:05 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote: Schools cruised through several times but I was busy chasing the big marks trying to catch Browns. I caught the one out of the first school to confirm my suspicion and then didn't mess with them after that.

I don't blame you if all the kokes were that small but 12 of them likely equals 4 bigger kokes. How big were the bows?
Fun trip thanks for the call to run up there, next time hopefully the fish don’t have their jaws wired shut.

(01-23-2022, 01:12 AM)doitall5000 Wrote: How much snow was on the ice?  It seams  like hard work to get small kokanees.

There was just over an inch on the ice
Hey guys how thick is the ice by now? No worries taking the sled on the ice? Thanks for the intel and sorry it was a slow day, but that seems like Porcupine quite often... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(01-24-2022, 01:20 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Hey guys how thick is the ice by now?  No worries taking the sled on the ice?  Thanks for the intel and sorry it was a slow day, but that seems like Porcupine quite often... Later J
I'm sure the Ice is great we took Allens four wheeler and snow mobile out on it it was 16+ inches thick.
Thanks Shawn, glad you did okay and stayed safe. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!