Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake today Sat. 1-22-22
Thought I would report on the ice.

8" Clear ice where we fished by Mackinaw campground.
Some packed snow on edges but none to speak of on the lake.  It was slick.
It was pretty busy today.
People all the way up the lake on the highway side.

Saw a few 4 wheelers out.
Did not see any snow machines.
Did not see anyone across the lake nor did I see any open water.
Nice. Thanks for the report.
With the clear ice, at least you can see the edge of the weeds without drilling a bunch of holes  Big Grin
Any favored jig or tipping meat?
Thanks, Rob
(01-23-2022, 04:44 AM)Robster10 Wrote: Nice. Thanks for the report.
With the clear ice, at least you can see the edge of the weeds without drilling a bunch of holes  Big Grin
Thanks, Rob

The catching was pretty slow but they wanted small jigs, or ice flies types but actively presented. Did not take dead stick hardly at all.  
Splake on perch meat.
Bows mainly on meal worm.
Anyone ever ice camp fish lake far side with a 4 wheeler? I was thinking of going around the new moon.
(01-23-2022, 04:21 PM)PACMEN Wrote:
(01-23-2022, 04:44 AM)Robster10 Wrote: Nice. Thanks for the report.
Thanks, Rob

The catching was pretty slow but they wanted small jigs, or ice flies types but actively presented. Did not take dead stick hardly at all.  
Splake on perch meat.
Bows mainly on meal worm.

Much obliged. 
Gives us a place to start.
Rob

(01-23-2022, 06:03 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Anyone ever ice camp fish lake far side with a 4 wheeler? I was thinking of going around the new moon.

My experience is a little off of your question, but my boys and I camped on the ice at Fish Lake twice. Once just out from Joe's Bush in 17 fow and once nearer the middle of the lake in 70 fow. Both times, the action let off about 6-7 PM and didn't pick up again until 4-5 AM. I could see them on the flasher, they were just looking at the bait and doing nothing, not moving, nothing. tried lots of things. they would move if you hit them on the head with it, that's all. 
I figured the motel room was nicer than a midnight staring contest with a fish. 
The camping part was fun. The boys really liked it. 
Please post your experience. I'd like to try it again sometime.
Rob
Thank you. I will post my experience. I have stayed in the room, they are nice for sure. Just cant beat fishing from bed. Hard choice between setup deep or shallow, ill likely go deep. I keep a close eye on the solunar calander app for the best bite times.
(01-24-2022, 06:26 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: Thank you. I will post my experience. I have stayed in the room, they are nice for sure. Just cant beat fishing from bed. Hard choice between setup deep or shallow, ill likely go deep. I keep a close eye on the solunar calander app for the best bite times.

Have fished there multiple times at night.
I used to take a scout troop there once or twice a winter.

Sometimes fish sometimes not.
The best thing without a doubt was to fish glo presentations. This was almost 20 years ago and the glo stuff wan't as good as now.  The glo would give out in a min. or so.
At times it was fast catching.
Never was able to pick up anything but bows. 

Luck to ya
Glad to hear, thank you.
(01-24-2022, 06:26 AM)DailyAngler Wrote: Thank you. I will post my experience. I have stayed in the room, they are nice for sure. Just cant beat fishing from bed. Hard choice between setup deep or shallow, ill likely go deep. I keep a close eye on the solunar calander app for the best bite times.

How accurate is the app you use? The ones I've used in the past were around 50% but never considered that too great, could be I never found the right one. Can you post a link to the app you use?
Of course the barometric pressure and storms have a big short term effect, but I find the app to be very accurate as a long term predictor. New moon is always the best time of any month to fish I have found. Even on the forum all the best reports happen near new moon.

[Image: 1643067821704-Capture-2022-01-24-16-36-55.png]
(01-24-2022, 11:44 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Of course the barometric pressure and storms have a big short term effect, but I find the app to be very accurate as a long term predictor. New moon is always the best time of any month to fish I have found. Even on the forum all the best reports happen near new moon.

[Image: 1643067821704-Capture-2022-01-24-16-36-55.png]

I can't click on that, so it's not a link. Is it the name of a web site? Thanks.
Its not a link, wasnt sure I was allowed to post a link. Just go to your app store or google play and search, look for that icon
(01-25-2022, 05:15 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: Its not a link, wasnt sure I was allowed to post a link. Just go to your app store or google play and search, look for that icon

You are allowed to post links as long as it isn't for advertisement or to promote something you are involved in. The reason I was asking for a link was because I don't use my cell phone for apps but I was hoping there was a web site I could go and just view it on my computer. I don't use google but I will search it on duckduckgo to see if I can find some info about it. Is Anton Nikitin the name of the App?
EDIT: Never mind, I guess there is no way to view this web site without downloading an app, even for a PC, thanks for the info though.
Yah just a phone app, anton nikitin is the developer I think. Im sure there is a similar thing web based. Heres the link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...arforecast