Henry’s Ice Trip 21 & 22 Jan
Couple pix

[Image: 76554111-9-C7-F-4395-9621-B3-A863252615.jpg]

[Image: F8128-F54-16-B4-4149-ABB3-52-A2-C8-D19-E49.jpg]

[Image: DE79-A064-35-AF-46-F1-BB41-9-F9-B4-CFB6089.jpg]

[Image: B0-B90-D42-7-FB1-400-E-A9-CC-69543-B470-AAD.jpg]

[Image: FF1-B0358-658-F-44-A4-B78-C-4746-D7-EC8559.jpg]

[Image: 60-EF2-B6-A-E6-F7-4-B88-8-EB0-4-D6864-B8-C83-C.jpg]
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Looks like a good trip, how much snow is on the ice, did you get any Brookies
Hey Alan I tried to post details 3 times and failed so I hope this reply will work. There was about 18” of fresh snow from the storm or before when we first went out. Then the wind blew all day and piled some big drifts but mostly just scattered it. Didn’t seem like much snow after the wind even though we had about 8” packed underneath us. Made it really hard to get the fish out of the holes without losing them. I lost my best fish of the trip. Probably a four or five pound fish. Ice was almost thick enough to need an extension with the snow. Probably 16” of ice. No brookies this trip and only one or two hybrids. Mostly cuts this trip. They were sure pretty coming out of the hole. Lot of work to catch the fish this time. Wasn’t an easy catch, but was a lot of fun anyway. Later Jeff

Oh the best part of the trip was hardly anyone was around so they really pampered us at the wild rose. Let us park next to our room and really made a nice, fun trip. Only two other groups fishing close to us all weekend and they were on Saturday when it was shoulder to shoulder at the hatchery. Rooms are a little expensive (well would have been if Rob hadn’t treated me to a free one) but the access is sure nice. Later J
Looks like a good time Jeff. Really missing not making it up there this year. They did get a bit of snow. Looks to me like sleds and dogs only for getting around far.
Hey Matt, yes it has tripped the access scale to require sleds and dogs if you're going out very far... The two other groups that came out from the rose really liked my snowmobile tracks out onto the ice... In fact they were thanking me for making a trail out on the lake for them to use... If you do go on foot now, your range will be limited due to deeper snow and tough walking... It can still be done, but you'll probably want to limit your load... wheelers might be possible, but it will be tough with the snow as deep as it was, I wouldn't take mine... In fact it was hard to pull the x-200 sled in the deep snow with the paddled up snowmobile and I knew if I stopped off a trail I'd be working to get going again... so I didn't stop... I need to get a smitty under the x-200 so it won't drag so hard, but it sort of screws up the wind blocking design for camping, so I'm not sure if i'll do it or not.. Might have to figure out how to get the nose of the sled to ride higher, guess I need to pay attention to how I load the weight in that sled... Kind of funny all the different conditions you get throughout a season, from glare ice to deep powder and slush... All of them can be a challenge in different ways...

We didn't go very far from the Rose this time since my group was going to have to make it back to shore after I left with my snowmobile and I didn't have the updated Navionics map yet this year, so I couldn't pin point our other spots... I'm sure the fishing would have probably been better if we would have been out where the fish weren't being fished for as much... but with the group dynamics we had on this trip we were sort of limited to stay close... I really missed our group kick off trip this year, it is a lot easier to cover the whole lake when everyone has run and gun shelters and sleds to pull them where ever we want to try.. But hopefully I can join you guys on the gorge or one of the other trips you have planned... Catch ya later... Jeff