Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cascade Perch Pics
(01-27-2022, 03:04 AM)TopH2O Wrote:
(01-27-2022, 12:10 AM)TubeDude Wrote:
(01-26-2022, 11:46 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: Does the State here not believe in artificial structures?  Totally correct that there is absolutely no cover on the bottom of our reservoirs, but we do seem to have an overabundance of junipers!  Chain a bunch of those together and sink them in some of the deeper areas where they can do some good during low water periods.  During high water, the fish can use more typical flooded brush.

One thing for certain, if we're hanging on to hope that water is going to be more plentiful in the future, we are going to be sorely disappointed.  Best start planning accordingly now.
Don't be throwing rocks at DWR.  They are not clairvoyant and do not know what any given year will show for water levels, fish habitat, spawning success or ????  Since their efforts to manage our fisheries are subject to the whims of Mama Nature, it becomes even more difficult.  They best they can do is to try to deal with the conditions that exist and to TRY to keep a bunch of unreasonable anglers happy.  As I have been knowed to say:  "Ya can't manage the unmanageable." 
Don't worry Pat - no throwing of stones at the DWR.  Those guys have an almost impossible job to do with not enough staff and funding to go around.  I was just thinking out loud.  I was unaware of what happened at Yuba with the attempts there.  Just goes to show that a couple bad apples spoils the bunch for all of us.
(01-26-2022, 07:47 PM)MrShane Wrote: Hang in there Pat, one of these days we will get three-four years of high water in consecutive years and we will go beat up jumbos again.
Those Perch in the waters you just mentioned are also waiting for high water years.
Not easy living in the bottom few inches of water in a bathtub….
  You are a lot more optimistic than I am.  We'll get good water years in the future, but I'm convinced that 3-4 in a row will be a once-in-a-lifetime occurrence from now on, unfortunately.   A lot more likely we'll get 200% water years once in a great while.  I HOPE I'm wrong, of course. 

About eight years ago, the Northern and Southern Hemisphere jet-streams met and mingled at the equator, something climatologists didn't even know was possible, and is unheard of, given that those winds are literally created by the rotation of the Earth, and spin away from each other.   All bets are off.