Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Ice Camp Setup The Gorge 1/18/2022
A lot of discussion of ice camping lately. I thought I would post my newly formed setup. This was my first time camping on a frozen lake so I'm sure my setup will evolve. It was nice enough that I feel comfortable sharing and I hope someone get something useful out of it. I know my setup is probably extravagant and Overkill in some ways and would be hard to move. I have to choose a good spot to set up, but the comfort is worth it. I payed extra attention to top and bottom insulation. I use a kodiak canvas tent with a tarp and geotextile underneath. I connected some old blankets together that clip on the top of the tent for insulation as well as some tarps that fit over. I set up my Eskimo quickfish 3 with the doors touching. The quick fish gets a blanket and tarp cover for insulation. And I have a tarp and foam mats for flooring. I use a tarp and the door flaps to connect the two shelters.

[Image: 0120221426.jpg]

[Image: 0119221601.jpg]

[Image: 0119221602-HDR.jpg]

[Image: 0119221646b.jpg]

[Image: 0119221645.jpg]

[Image: 0119221645a.jpg]

[Image: 0119222323a.jpg]

[Image: 0119221646.jpg]
Wow, that looks like a nice setup, looks very comfortable.
now thats ice fishin at its best, cant beat fishin in your slilppers,
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Sweet, I like your style in there.... Very nice... did you enjoy the trip? Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Nice 2 room setup.  Definently looks comfy and slippers are a must have.
It was so much fun. The way to do it for sure. All fish were caught in slippers.
(01-26-2022, 11:55 PM)DailyAngler Wrote: It was so much fun. The way to do it for sure. All fish were caught in slippers.

How many days did you stay there?
2 nights 3 days. Thanks for the positive comments
I know i really enjoy doing the camping thing on the ice, probably a lot like the deer hunt used to be.... Fun camping trip... Glad you enjoyed it... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Maybe not all that mobile, but MAN, that's doing it in style!!