Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow but Hyrum still producing
Wiperslayer and I got up to Hyrum again today, fishing from 8am. to 1pm. It started off really slow with neither of us catching anything for over an hour. Finally Ira caught a bait perch and the catching slowly improved from there. We ended up with 15 or so perch, with the largest being a little over 11.5" and one 16" brown. Here is pic of the keepers.

[Image: Hyrum-perch.jpg]

We caught them on blue and silver snare spoons and TD's wobber jigs in glow white sparkle.  We fished in 35 FOW and they would come through in waves but they never stayed long. We ended up catching our last perch, the largest of the day just before we packed up to leave. JJannie was there as well today, good to see you two.
Nice, looks like a great day
(01-28-2022, 03:10 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Nice, looks like a great day

Can't complain, too much, although it would have been nice to catch a few more but that's fishing.  About 4 degrees when we arrive but it warmed up to 24 by the time we left.
Nice, yea, more fish are better, dam nice weather over there, been foggy and crappy here.
Nice job, same spot we fished
(01-28-2022, 03:43 AM)2knots Wrote: Nice job, same spot we fished

Thanks Alan. We found your spot but I could not find the exact spot I was fishing, water level has come up a few inches since last week.
(01-28-2022, 02:56 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Wiperslayer and I got up to Hyrum again today, fishing from 8am. to 1pm. It started off really slow with neither of us catching anything for over an hour. Finally Ira caught a bait perch and the catching slowly improved from there. We ended up with 15 or so perch, with the largest being a little over 11.5" and one 16" brown. Here is pic of the keepers.

[Image: Hyrum-perch.jpg]

We caught them on blue and silver snare spoons and TD's wobber jigs in glow white sparkle.  We fished in 35 FOW and they would come through in waves but they never stayed long. We ended up catching our last perch, the largest of the day just before we packed up to leave. JJannie was there as well today, good to see you two.
Hello Wiper!  What was the ice thickness?  Any machines out on the ice?  Thinking of taking our 4 wheeler maybe Friday or Sunday.
Ice was 9 or 10 inches, there was a snow dog and a snowmobile out on the ice, you should have no problem with a 4 wheeler.
(02-02-2022, 06:11 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Ice was 9 or 10 inches, there was a snow dog and a snowmobile out on the ice, you should have no problem with a 4 wheeler.

Thank you Sir!