Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNR QUAGGA SERVEY
https://tamuag.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/for...ovdelivery
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(02-03-2022, 05:10 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: https://tamuag.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/for...ovdelivery

After going through 3/4 of this long survey, it suddenly turned political, asking questions about global warming and the damage we are doing to our environment by having too many people living in our world. IMO this survey has a political agenda.
(02-03-2022, 06:22 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 05:10 PM)MSM1970 Wrote: https://tamuag.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/for...ovdelivery

After going through 3/4 of this long survey, it suddenly turned political, asking questions about global warming and the damage we are doing to our environment by having too many people living in our world. IMO this survey has a political agenda.

kinda wondered the same thing.
               O.C.F.D.
Nah, It's fine. Facts don't have politics, people do. It may be trying to explore or understand a political question, but the AGENDA is understanding, not pushing.

This type of survey is structured in two parts on purpose. They want you to answer questions about how you feel about X, hopefully honestly, before you answer questions about Y. Then they compare the two. Do people who do this, also do this, or not?
(02-03-2022, 08:09 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Nah, It's fine.  Facts don't have politics, people do.  It may be trying to explore or understand a political question, but the AGENDA is understanding, not pushing.

This type of survey is structured in two parts on purpose.  They want you to answer questions about how you feel about X, hopefully honestly, before you answer questions about Y.  Then they compare the two.  Do people who do this, also do this, or not?

Whatever the agenda, it crossed a line and I ended the answers giving when it took that turn for the worse. Frankly it was way too long and it's none of their business if I think the world is overpopulated and if I think that we are destroying of world.
(02-03-2022, 08:47 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 08:09 PM)Springbuck1 Wrote: Nah, It's fine.  Facts don't have politics, people do.  It may be trying to explore or understand a political question, but the AGENDA is understanding, not pushing.

This type of survey is structured in two parts on purpose.  They want you to answer questions about how you feel about X, hopefully honestly, before you answer questions about Y.  Then they compare the two.  Do people who do this, also do this, or not?

Whatever the agenda, it crossed a line and I ended the answers giving when it took that turn for the worse. Frankly it was way too long and it's none of their business if I think the world is overpopulated and if I think that we are destroying of world.
And...the sky is falling.
I made it to the end, but it hurt my brain.
I'm gonna pass on taking it as I do with 99.99% of ALL surveys.   Big Grin
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(02-04-2022, 12:02 PM)dubob Wrote: I'm gonna pass on taking it as I do with 99.99% of ALL surveys.   Big Grin

They probably couldn't handle your answers anyway Big Grin
               O.C.F.D.
I'm not doing that survey either, doing the online test for launching is good enough for me. We should also be exempted from that since we pay a fee thru our DMV. I don't need to be reminded of AIS annually since I have set my ways in prevention.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Another thing I did not like about it was it seemed to infer I should feel guilty if I don't do all of the guideline spelled out in the quagga mussel decontamination checklist. I'm not sure what everyone else does but it went over and over the need to not only drain your boat after every use, which I do but also power wash the exterior and trailer after every trip, then dry the boat for a week before using it again, which I don't do. I have never had my boat in Lake Powell, so why should I feel guilty if don't power wash my boat after every use??
wiperhunter2Another thing I did not like about it was it seemed to infer I should feel guilty if I don't do all of the guideline spelled out in the quagga mussel decontamination checklist. I'm not sure what everyone else does but it went over and over the need to not only drain your boat after every use, which I do but also power wash the exterior and trailer after every trip, then dry the boat for a week before using it again, which I don't do. I have never had my boat in Lake Powell, so why should I feel guilty if don't power wash my boat after every use??

I believe it’s in case the water you’ve fished has quagga which they don’t know about yet. Don’t know. I only fish the Gorge, boat stays there typically. The fact I have to remove my plug annoys the crap out of me when I dunk it in the same lake the next day.
(02-05-2022, 11:05 AM)submoa Wrote: wiperhunter2Another thing I did not like about it was it seemed to infer I should feel guilty if I don't do all of the guideline spelled out in the quagga mussel decontamination checklist. I'm not sure what everyone else does but it went over and over the need to not only drain your boat after every use, which I do but also power wash the exterior and trailer after every trip, then dry the boat for a week before using it again, which I don't do. I have never had my boat in Lake Powell, so why should I feel guilty if don't power wash my boat after every use??

I believe it’s in case the water you’ve fished has quagga which they don’t know about yet. Don’t know. I only fish the Gorge, boat stays there typically. The fact I have to remove my plug annoys the crap out of me when I dunk it in the same lake the next day.

Yes, I agree but it just harps on the same thing and their questions makes huge assumptions, there was not any other answer like, "I don't use my boat in any Quagga lake/lakes, so there is no reason to follow checklist". IMO it's a flawed survey when they don't take that into account. They are trying to lump us all into one catergory and that is the problem with surveys like this, IMO.
I don't intend to take it, thanks to this thread, but if there is a Comments section at the end, that's the place to put these observations. Or email them to the DNR.
I started taking the survey.  But like others, when I got to the climate change section, I said "Oh heck no !"  It's none of the states business what I think or believe on that highly political subject.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
You've been had folks.  This survey is being conducted by Texas AMU Agriculture & Life Sciences.   Huh

Funny that MSM1970 (or anybody that opened the link) failed to mention that little bit of information.  There would be very little chance, if any, that the Utah DWR would care what you thought about the political undertones of the survey.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
its easy not to care till about enviromental's political discussions
till

or you cant launch your big boats this summer
are you askin for divine intervention in the form of snowpack conducive to it?
"I have found I have had my reward
In the doing of the thing" Halden Buzz Holmstrom