Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trailer Tire Balancing?
Do you balance your trailer tires? My answer is yes sometimes. Last year I replaced all of my boat trailer tires thru Big O where they were balanced. Most shops will charge a fee for balancing which I have refused to do. Big O includes the balancing with the purchase of the tire. I can go either way on it since its not necessary to balance trailer tires. While they do take punishment from road hazards I have noticed sometimes my tires have slung a weight. 
This link is to an interesting blog explains balancing.

Trailer Tires: To Balance or Not to Balance? - National Association of Trailer Manufacturers | Topeka, KS (natm.com)
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I always get mine balanced.
I never balance mine, waste of money imo but it likely depends more on the trailer. Interesting read on the link.
Balance mine also. With the distances that I'm starting to travel now it is not worth putting any more wear and tear on my tires and bearings then I have to.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Never balanced mine. Have not seen issues with that. I have had issues with alignment though.