Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek / Jordanelle help
Okay guys, a former employee and student of mine called a few days ago. She has several kids that want to learn to fish and asked me for help. I drove past Deer Creek and Jordanelle today. I know they have been fishing the main boat ramp and rock cliff areas of Jordanelle for several weeks now and Deer Creek for several days. I fished rc last week, with slow success. I also know reports of varying success on Jordanelle main boat ramp. Trying to decide where to take these kids. I am leaning toward Deer Creek targeting trout - I suspect we might be more successful there. Any recent reports on either? I could use some help. I am sure we can figure it out, but with wrangling a friends kids in the mix, it would help to have a little information on what's been working recently. We are planning Friday afternoon - out of school early - I know mornings are better but looking at the evening bite. Thanks guys.
Fishing with children is best done for panfish, IMHO. Because there are lots of them and if you get one, you get a dozen.'
Trout are hit and miss, if they come through, great, if not, the kids get bored.
I suggest Utah lake state park, for panfish near the docks. More likely to catch some fish.
All this is just my opinion.
I will keep that in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.
I second the Utah Lake idea. Go to the Seritoga Springs or Utah Lake State Park marinas and you will slam them off the dock. White Bass and Perch for days!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.