Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2022
Thanks Rocky, we sure appreciate you doing this for us... Now let's hope the storms come in the right order to make that weekend perfect for a get together with enough water and no current W### or rain that day... I'm looking forward to the get together, they are always very enjoyable and maybe if we built a batch of Pat's chowder or chili that could be simmering in a crock pot while we fished and not take a lot of attention till it was time to eat up... that might make a good lunch or an addition to a sandwich... Just don't want to have anyone have to spend all morning preparing lunch instead of having fun... I still feel bad that we've had Jill have to do this in the past... Anyway, thank you again for your generosity, it is much appreciated... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
The 14th looks good for me. I don't see any reason why I can't bring my boat so if Brett wants to go with me, he may. As an alternative I wouldn't mind someome else, especially one who knows how to fish there, jumping in with me. I love to meet new people or old friends so it may be fun to mix it up. And, Shawn, I have been trying for a few years to get the three W's: Willard Wipers and Walleyes so I hope we can get out sometime so I can learn more about how to fish there.

As for the food, I like what we did on the last flotilla we sponsored here at Utah Lake. Ice_sled cooked up fried catfish and hushpuppies and everybody brought something for potluck. Shawn sponsored a get-together at Strawberry this past summer and did a crawdad boil and people brought sidedishes, chips, desserts, etc. It was great. We wouln't have to have a main dish prepared by someone who would rather be fishing, though.

It sounds like Rocky may have it figured out how to be sure to get our pavillion without a mix-up, but it wouldn't hurt to have someone get there early and stake it out.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I have a dated Reservation Confirmation Paid in Full. If anybody shows up contesting who has it, I'll show that paper to the Ranger. We are not giving it up this time.
If Craig is taking his boat and Brett goes with him that means my boat will be open for 1-2 people to hop on with me. I may have my 15 year old but he's a teenager I can't guarantee anything with his schedule. But I'm going to do what I can to be there. I have 20' Maxum with a 125 hp outboard and 70 lb bow mount trolling motor. I don't have great electronics just a Lowrance hook2 7". I'm still trying to learn how to use it lol. Ive only fished Willard once so if someone is experienced that would be great if not let's have fun learning lol anyway let me know here or pm if interested in fishing together. If you live south and want to fish Utah lake before to meet first that's fine. Also you can ride with me to Willard if needed if in Utah County. I love in Santaquin.
I'll probably have a couple open seats on my boat, for those of you that don't have much experience or struggle at Willard you are welcome to follow me around in your boats and I'll show and tell you what I'm using before we go, Willard can be feast or famine so no guarantees. I plan on pulling bottom bouncers with worm harnesses and crank baits.
Great. Count me in. I can bring my boat if needed, or fish with you Shawn.
(02-22-2022, 04:53 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Great. Count me in. I can bring my boat if needed, or fish with you Shawn.

Either way Randy your always welcome in my boat.
Given the forecast for water levels (see TD's thread about "Willard Good News and Bad News") I have to ask if we still want to have the flotilla at Willard.

I have until the end of April to cancel and get a refund for my reservation. But the decision is up to you folks.
(03-18-2022, 02:18 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Given the forecast for water levels (see TD's thread about "Willard Good News and Bad News") I have to ask if we still want to have the flotilla at Willard.

I have until the end of April to cancel and get a refund for my reservation. But the decision is up to you folks.

I think the water is only going to rise between now and then, and lower water levels won't negatively effect the fishing, in fact low water years have been some of my most successful out there. As Chris said issues for launching shouldn't happen until well into summer, but if the lake is really low we can make a call at the end of April.
I agree with Shawn I think we will be there at peak water levels for the year and I’m hoping for some good fishing. Starting to get excited about it actually. Thanks Rocky I think we should do it. Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Glad to hear there's some optimism. I agree to let it ride until late April.
I haven't seen much on this lately, so just checking in to see if it's still on, etc. I plan to ride with Craig if possible, but could swap out with someone else if Craig wants someone more experienced with Willard Bay in the boat with him.

jack of all tackle, master of none
I can still cancel the reservation. But not for much longer.

Are we doing this or not? Please confirm if you intend to come. If I don't see at least 20 confirmations by April 27, I WILL cancel the group pavillion.
I wanted to but medical problems have arisen once again. That far of a trip is a little too hard to make currently. I'm sorry.
I plan on being there and Ira said he was planning on being there.
I’m in
Oh yes l'm looking forward to mixing and mingling with you crazy Willard masters. I'm coming.
I’m planning on it
I'm planning on being there.
(04-22-2022, 11:50 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I can still cancel the reservation. But not for much longer.

Are we doing this or not? Please confirm if you intend to come. If I don't see at least 20 confirmations by April 27, I WILL cancel the group pavillion.

Count me and two friends in. What to bring...$ or food

(04-22-2022, 11:50 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: I can still cancel the reservation. But not for much longer.

Count me and two friends in. Tongue