Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotilla 2022
Sounds like a great idea, I wonder if you should make a separate post about this so you could get more folks to see it, I'm afraid four pages back on this post, not a lot of folks will see this opportunity... If you get a good group maybe he can give us a good discount... Have final sign ups at the flotilla???

Hey I have a couple older fish finders that still work, but they don't have all the whistles and bells that the new ones do... Do you think something like that would be a good prize for the drawings? Think we will have newer fishermen that don't have them yet that could use them, even if they are black and white? I have also had some other pretty cool prizes donated for the drawing as well... So I think this will be a pretty good event... Later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Don't remember if I chimed in yet, but I will be there...with TubeBabe.
(04-26-2022, 01:36 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Sounds like a great idea, I wonder if you should make a separate post about this so you could get more folks to see it, I'm afraid four pages back on this post, not a lot of folks will see this opportunity... If you get a good group maybe he can give us a good discount... Have final sign ups at the flotilla??? 

Hey I have a couple older fish finders that still work, but they don't have all the whistles and bells that the new ones do...  Do you think something like that would be a good prize for the drawings?  Think we will have newer fishermen that don't have them yet that could use them, even if they are black and white? I have also had some other pretty cool prizes donated for the drawing as well... So I think this will be a pretty good event... Later Jeff

I got a hold of Rob Chambers he will give us the pink or green 7' glass kokanee rods with cork handles for $55 each or the 7' 3" team kokanee red elite fiberglass rods for $65 each I will put a post on the For Sale board that people can post their orders to and I will pick them up and bring them to the Flotilla for payment and delivery
Shawn will you take Venmo, check or do you want cash payment? Let me check I think i'd like to get one, I'll let you know for sure... Thanks Jeff
(04-25-2022, 04:15 PM)lifeshort Wrote: Never fished Willard...

That is Sad.
I will be attending with 2 newbies, so please make the welcome.   Shawn, I don't want to follow  you  and I have bottom bouncers. just wonder what all to use....Thanks
(04-26-2022, 09:49 PM)deafman Wrote: I will be attending with 2 newbies, so please make the welcome.   Shawn, I don't want to follow  you  and I have bottom bouncers. just wonder what all to use....Thanks

See my response to Craig about Willard lures, I bet we fish many of the same areas anyway good luck we should get together the end of this month and hit it together. I believe you are the first person I ever fished with from this site and it was a tough day at Willard if I recall.

(04-26-2022, 07:35 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Shawn will you take Venmo, check or do you want cash payment?  Let me check I think i'd like to get one, I'll let you know for sure... Thanks Jeff

I have pay pal but cash is easiest.
I have not been very active and am late to the party, but I will be coming and will be fishing from my yak if any other kayakers want to join me
Hey Bryton, be great to have to have you join in the fun this year... Good time to meet a good chunk of BFT members all in the same spot... We'll see you there... Jeff
Responding to keep this near the top.

I will plan on bringing my own lunch and eating with the group at 12:00 noon.  I will bring a couple of couple of ice chests full of drinks (water bottes, coke, diet cook, sprite, root beer) to share.  Feel free to take some drinks with you on the lake and/or get some when you come for lunch.

I will also try to round up a couple of "door" prizes - probably some tackle I bought and have never used...  And I will provide my "tackle tethers" to anyone who wants one.

I lost track, but looked like 20-25 people?

jack of all tackle, master of none
(04-27-2022, 12:52 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 09:49 PM)deafman Wrote: I will be attending with 2 newbies, so please make the welcome.   Shawn, I don't want to follow  you  and I have bottom bouncers. just wonder what all to use....Thanks

See my response to Craig about Willard lures, I bet we fish many of the same areas anyway good luck we should get together the end of this month and hit it together. I believe you are the first person I ever fished with from this site and it was a tough day at Willard if I recall.yes,you had motor problems and we had only the electric trolling motor,, Still we had a great time

(04-26-2022, 07:35 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Shawn will you take Venmo, check or do you want cash payment?  Let me check I think i'd like to get one, I'll let you know for sure... Thanks Jeff

I have pay pal but cash is easiest.
Will anyone be fishing again after lunch? It's a pretty long drive for us and we may want to get some more time in before we head back.

Also, what is the situation for open spots in boats? Who has any available? I'd hate to see someone not come because they don't have a boat.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

(05-06-2022, 04:40 PM)catchinon Wrote: Will anyone be fishing again after lunch? It's a pretty long drive for us and we may want to get some more time in before we head back.

Also, what is the situation for open spots in boats? Who has any available? I'd hate to see someone not come because they don't have a boat.

I will likely go out again after lunch, Randy is my confirmed guest in my boat invited a couple others to join in my boat not confirmed yet.

I plan on pre fishing Willard Friday launch around 3pm fish till dark,  then launch again 6am Saturday from the north marina.
I plan on pre fishing Willard Friday launch around 3pm fish till dark,  then launch again 6am Saturday from the north marina.
which spot is reserved for us at Willard for the Flotilla ?? Looking forward to enjoying a great day with great people!
Eagle Beach Group Pavilion. North marina.
(05-07-2022, 12:02 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Eagle Beach Group Pavilion. North marina.

Thanks, See you there
We all ought to keep an eye on the weather forecast. As of now it looks like we'll be bringing mussels for bank fishing, just in case.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Thanks everyone, I'm not sure we are going to have the kind of drawings that we have in the past, so let's keep expectations low, but we do have a few prizes we'll have in the drawing, and anyone else that has some items they don't mind kicking into the drawing for prizes, it would be appreciated... Weather forecast is looking like it might be the first day of a really nice streak, so hopefully it will be a great fishing day... Should be great for visiting and being able to renew some friendships after a long covid winter... Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and Brett or Craig, whoever was counting at 25 ish, I'd expect that to double... There are lots of folks that don't like to commit in case something comes up , but I expect they will show up, and that is fine, especially this year, where we are planning on our own food and Rocky so generously rented the facility for us all to enjoy... By the way, I know he doesn't like the fuss, but please tell him thanks, he has really made a lot of the BFT functions happen from his generous financial support...

If anyone would like to come and would like to join someone in a boat, can you make a post here and we will try and get you into a boat.. I know I have 3 in mine so far, but I expect there are others that will have room for more to join them.. In fact if you have extra space and wouldn't mind company, please let us know and then we can line you up if others would like to try the floating portion of the trip...

Just a reminder the flotilla is this coming Saturday at Willard Bay North Marina and the lunch gathering will be at 12:00 (remember to bring your own lunch this year) at the Eagle Beach Pavilion.... Pretty sure if you want to drop by there earlier there will be folks around to visit with and likely hang around into the afternoon.. Okay I have the old timers thing going on so please help remind everyone of the other details I have forgotten.... (One note you will be responsible for state park access, so bring your pass or pay your fee as you enter.)

Years past we have taken radios to contact other BFT members on the water, What channel do we want to broadcast on? These are usually the FRS band radios or walky talky's.... Fun to hear where fish are being caught so we encourage sharing lures or locations if you care to...
More later I'm sure... Hope to see you there... Jeff
I probably won't fish or bring my boat, because we've had issues with "squatters" at the pavilion in the past. So I'll be there from mid-morning on with the reservation papers. The tables also are usually pretty disgusting because swallows nest in the rafters and poop on everything below. If any others are kind enough to help with cleanup, they'll be deeply welcome.