Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Harbor ice is about done
Lucy and I met Brett at the docks this afternoon to try for some panfish. I was warned by a departing fisherman that the ice wasn't safe to get around the barrier on the long dock so we went to the second dock on the north side. When we got there we could see that the third dock was surrounded by open water and the breeze was slowly eating away at the edge of the ice. Lucy caught a couple of white bass and Brett got a few fish. The edge of the ice eroded away to the point that our holes became part of the open water. I had lots of lookers but couldn't get but a couple to bite. Near sundown I froze out and even though Lucy said we should stay longer I pulled rank and got us out of there.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

The lake is pretty much ice free! Both Lindon and American Fork harbors are totally ice free. From Lindon north there is no ice at all, the lake is open. Have not checked the south end, but my guess is that there is little if any ice anywhere on the lake, You can launch anywhere on the east side of the lake.
We did Saratoga Saturday and it had a little Ice at the north side, but mostly open water too. Wish I could go to the big blue. Bear lake.
It is gone , last weekend couldnt launch, amazing how fast the w*%d will take it off, and so it begins.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]