Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Friday 3/5/04
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I'm looking at hitting the lake again this Friday morning. Hemenway Point looked cool last week, have too give it another try. This time I'll be well rested and ready to fish. I'll have a bucket of chovies and an ice chest full of barley pops. [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Take care, [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David [/font] [/size]

[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] P.S. Anyone been out to Echo Bay lately, I'm just wondering if the bay itself has water left in it. [/font] [/size]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Powermaker, Good luck this friday. I tried Hemenway last friday for nada. I got one bump on the Storm swimbait. I have had luck with anchovies there two weeks ago. Normally I'd hit the lake on friday but am heading to the Fred Hall tackle show in Long Beach. Hope to find some deals and info. Have fun. P.S. How can I post pictures ? I am having trouble.Thanks.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] I really haven't got into picture posting, but working with it this morning. With your picture open in a photo editing program, adjust the width to around 400 pixel. Heigth didn't seem to matter. Just copy and paste the image in the post. You may throw this question Southernmans' way, he's been doing this stuff a lot longer than me. Hope this helps. Well hope you have fun at show and bring back a lot of info and insite.[/font] [/size]

[signature]
[cool]Thanks Powermaker, I'll try it out when I have more time to experiment. Got ot go to the show.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] The trip turned out to be a moderate fish bust. I did catch some stocked trout but they were so small and so cute I had to let them go. One of the trout I caught (well I'll say it caught itself) was caught on a line with anchovy. It didn't take the anchovy, it took the line. My line kept going slack and as I reeled in the slack the rod tip would dip slightly, nothing big so I thought I would do a little hook set and reeled it in. Low and behold there was a trout rapped in my line around the gills. Yes PETA, (he,she) was released unharmed. Other than the interesting catch not much else happened. However, I did get some bites on anchovies. They were hitting anchovies about 2' off the bottom. No hits on anchovies that were on the bottom. There wasn't anything happening with the swimbaits, by anyone out there.[/font] [/size]

[signature]
how did ya keep the chovie off the bottom?

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Coming off a swivel I used a 3' leader for the weights and put hook on the top swivel. [/font] [/size]

[signature]