Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clobberin' Cuttys on Strawberry
I went out on a solo trip hopeful to catch some bigger fish than last week's dinks.  It delivered!!!  I caught a bunch of really nice healthy cutthroats.  This video has some really cool underwater video from the AquaVu and some really cool camera angles of these fish getting caught.  I hope you enjoy Clobberin' Cuttys on Strawberry.  

Thank you everyone for all of your support, it is greatly appreciated!!

https://youtu.be/GgEWUL7Fbec

[Image: Clobberin-Cuttys-on-Strawberry-Ice-Thumbnail.jpg]
Nice clear video, thanks for sharing it with us. How far was it between the camera and your jigging hole? Nice set up you have there, looks like you have a lot invested in all that gear.
(03-06-2022, 02:25 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice clear video, thanks for sharing it with us. How far was it between the camera and your jigging hole? Nice set up you have there, looks like you have a lot invested in all that gear.

Thank you.  The camera is set about 6 feet behind me.  Not sure if you can see it or not in the video but there is a tripod that the cord attaches to to hold the depth and direction the camera is facing.  Hahaha.......yeah that's what my wife says too!  But I've really enjoyed the making the videos and trying to find new and interesting camera angles and shots to make the videos good.  My editing abilities are still on a beginner level IMHO but hopefully each video gets better.
(03-06-2022, 03:52 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 02:25 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Nice clear video, thanks for sharing it with us. How far was it between the camera and your jigging hole? Nice set up you have there, looks like you have a lot invested in all that gear.

Thank you.  The camera is set about 6 feet behind me.  Not sure if you can see it or not in the video but there is a tripod that the cord attaches to to hold the depth and direction the camera is facing.  Hahaha.......yeah that's what my wife says too!  But I've really enjoyed the making the videos and trying to find new and interesting camera angles and shots to make the videos good.  My editing abilities are still on a beginner level IMHO but hopefully each video gets better.

LOL, guess I did not word that right but I meant from the ice fishing hole where the underwater camera is, to the hole where your jig is, how far apart are they? Seems very clear, so I figured they must be pretty close together.
(03-06-2022, 05:12 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 03:52 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:

LOL, guess I did not word that right but I meant from the ice fishing hole where the underwater camera is, to the hole where your jig is, how far apart are they? Seems very clear, so I figured they must be pretty close together.

The camera is about 6 feet from hole to hole.  When I'm with my wife we take a larger tent so I would say it's at least another foot maybe two from hole to hole.  It's really not that close I don't think I would have a chance at getting tangled at least not with the fish at Strawberry.
OK, that's pretty good, if it takes that good of video from that distance.
Good video, sent it over to my daughter so she can see why fish that bit we’re missed yesterday. Thanks
(03-07-2022, 12:53 AM)2knots Wrote: Good video, sent it over to my daughter so she can see why fish that bit we’re missed yesterday. Thanks

I saw your post and it looks like you had a pretty good day as well. I'd love to get into some Kokanee up there. That underwater camera has definitely given me some perspective on why I don't always hook up when I get hit. It's amazing how they can suck it all in then sit it out in an instant.
(03-07-2022, 09:00 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 12:53 AM)2knots Wrote: Good video, sent it over to my daughter so she can see why fish that bit we’re missed yesterday. Thanks

I saw your post and it looks like you had a pretty good day as well. I'd love to get into some Kokanee up there. That underwater camera has definitely given me some perspective on why I don't always hook up when I get hit. It's amazing how they can suck it all in then sit it out in an instant.

Yes we had a very good day, especially with 3 of the anglers never ice fishing, was fun to watch them get in tune with the bites and start hooking up. My daughter really liked the video and her comment was “those sneaky suckers”. Do you ever see kokes on the camera, this year I haven’t seen a school come under the fish finder up there so the one we got must have been out running solo lol.
(03-07-2022, 10:53 PM)2knots Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 09:00 PM)knottyhookr Wrote:

Yes we had a very good day, especially with 3 of the anglers never ice fishing, was fun to watch them get in tune with the bites and start hooking up. My daughter really liked the video and her comment was “those sneaky suckers”. Do you ever see kokes on the camera, this year I haven’t seen a school come under the fish finder up there so the one we got must have been out running solo lol.

Yeah they are sneaky suckers hahaha!  We have seen Kokanee a few times on the camera. They come in dart around and leave just as fast. Mostly have seen them on the Soldier Creek side. We've caught a couple but like yours running solo. ?