Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Swing Shift - 2/17
I thought Obifishkenobi's post title was so clever, I decided to pirate it somewhat based on the "on the ice" timing...

Headed back up to the Narrows last night for crappie, and it continues to produce.  Drilled 2 holes, only fished in one as the action was fast enough that a second pole would be more trouble than anything else.  Glow demon with a glow orange teardrop jig above...and of course the requisite chartruese nibbles.  30 FOW.  I drilled the holes and dropped my first offering which was readily accepted.  That was 3 cranks off the bottom, and from 6:10 - 7:00, there was no need for a finder.  As fast as I could get the jigs down, crappie were jumping on them.  It slowed somewhat between 7:00 and 7:30, so I broke out the finder to see what was going on.  Mostly clear screen during this time, then schools of fish started moving thru between the depths of 12-25 feet down.  Finished up on my limit by 7:50, and then stuck around for another 1.25 hours and caught another 15-20.  These fish were caught at roughly the 15' level, so they were able to be released unharmed.

Pineview has been, by far, the most consistent producer this winter.  The current trend has been going for almost an entire month.  I'm excited to see sizing on the crappie next year.  Lots of 10"+ fish and some in the 11"+ range.  Hopefully, this translates into some bigger averages next year.  What is amazing is to think about the number of fish that have likely been taken out.  Again, hopefully this leads to some really nice slabs next year with a little less competition for food and forage sources!!

[Image: 20220217-205747.jpg]
(02-18-2022, 05:03 PM)MWScott72 Wrote: I thought Obifishkenobi's post title was so clever, I decided to pirate it somewhat based on the "on the ice" timing...

Headed back up to the Narrows last night for crappie, and it continues to produce.  Drilled 2 holes, only fished in one as the action was fast enough that a second pole would be more trouble than anything else.  Glow demon with a glow orange teardrop jig above...and of course the requisite chartruese nibbles.  30 FOW.  I drilled the holes and dropped my first offering which was readily accepted.  That was 3 cranks off the bottom, and from 6:10 - 7:00, there was no need for a finder.  As fast as I could get the jigs down, crappie were jumping on them.  It slowed somewhat between 7:00 and 7:30, so I broke out the finder to see what was going on.  Mostly clear screen during this time, then schools of fish started moving thru between the depths of 12-25 feet down.  Finished up on my limit by 7:50, and then stuck around for another 1.25 hours and caught another 15-20.  These fish were caught at roughly the 15' level, so they were able to be released unharmed.

Pineview has been, by far, the most consistent producer this winter.  The current trend has been going for almost an entire month.  I'm excited to see sizing on the crappie next year.  Lots of 10"+ fish and some in the 11"+ range.  Hopefully, this translates into some bigger averages next year.  What is amazing is to think about the number of fish that have likely been taken out.  Again, hopefully this leads to some really nice slabs next year with a little less competition for food and forage sources!!

[Image: 20220217-205747.jpg]
Very clever title, I'm glad your killing it and I to hope where in the up swing of the Crappie cycle with some real slabs next winter.