Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum ice/ polar plunge
Today Logan High had a polar plunge at Hyrum to benefit the Special Olympics which is great, problem is they opened up all the ice at the ramp. With the water levels rising as they have been there was one spot on the bottom right side that had enough ice to get at least a snow dog on, the beach adjacent to the ramp has had about 20’ of water and weak ice even with the cold temps, foot access is possible but a machine would be sketchy. 

[Image: 797-A06-D9-D048-47-EA-A986-BFE6-C639-A08-C.jpg]
(02-26-2022, 01:49 AM)2knots Wrote: Today Logan High had a polar plunge at Hyrum to benefit the Special Olympics which is great, problem is they opened up all the ice at the ramp. With the water levels rising as they have been there was one spot on the bottom right side that had enough ice to get at least a snow dog on, the beach adjacent to the ramp has had about 20’ of water and weak ice even with the cold temps, foot access is possible but a machine would be sketchy. 

That sucks Alan!
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(02-26-2022, 02:19 AM)dubob Wrote:
(02-26-2022, 01:49 AM)2knots Wrote: Today Logan High had a polar plunge at Hyrum to benefit the Special Olympics which is great, problem is they opened up all the ice at the ramp. With the water levels rising as they have been there was one spot on the bottom right side that had enough ice to get at least a snow dog on, the beach adjacent to the ramp has had about 20’ of water and weak ice even with the cold temps, foot access is possible but a machine would be sketchy. 

That sucks Alan!

Yes it does
Warm weather on the way this week, won't help this situation out at all... Wish they would go on the sandy beach next to the ramp when they do these polar plunges and leave a path for the fishermen... but oh well, I probably won't be back to Hyrum until the ice is gone anyway... just sorry for those that this will effect... Little thin layer of ice and next Friday's snowstorm will set up a nasty tiger trap for anyone that doesn't hear about this ahead of time... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!