Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gardening
Last year I decided to build a couple of small, raised bed to grow some veggies which I used a local landscaper to purchase soil from. Now I'm expanding to a larger bed but went with another supplier for manure. For a few years as I would go fishing out to Lost Creek Res, I noticed a landscape business that has products for gardening. Last fall I stopped in to inquire what they had. I found they had steer manure compost at a very reasonable cost a lot less the price from local businesses, nurseries in the Ogden area. Wild Valley Farms is located near end the cement plant in Croyden just off of I-84. Go to the store in the link below and select bulk.

WILD VALLEY FARMS - Home 

[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Thanks for the info Roger, do they process the manure, so it doesn't contain seeds or is it raw right from the source? Have you see our gardening board? Would love to see your raised garden boxes there, if you feel like sharing some pics with us.
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/foru...hp?fid=333
The reason I ask about the manure is because I get it for free at a place up by you but it has seed in it, so it has not been processed.
(03-09-2022, 01:27 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: The reason I ask about the manure is because I get it for free at a place up by you but it has seed in it, so it has not been processed.

Yes, the manure is processed. What I noticed its flakey and not clumpy. As they scooped it in their front loader bucket you can tell it was still smoldering. Its a sh**y good deal.  Big Grin If you look at the link you will notice this business has many nurseries up & down the Wasatch Front including some in Idaho. As far as compost processors I found the one near us.  

Wild Valley Farms
              801-940-1436
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF