Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming fishing info.
I can't believe how hard it is to find someone in Wyoming willing to give a report. 
No one uses BFT, in Wyoming. Last post was 2020. Really ??
I'm from Afton, and I know people do fish..
I plan to get on jackson lake in June and I know they have lakers and king salmon . 
Can any Utah men share some knowledge about the tackle that's hot there? I know what works at the George, and I have lots of goods baits, I'll plan to use that. But really I'd like to hook on to a big salmon. 

I have good kokanee tackle but what's hot there would be helpful. 
Thanks my friends
I haven’t fished that lake but have gone after kings in Calif and Idaho lakes, flashers like a short bus or pro troll, sizes 8” or 11” with either a 3” blue with black, blue/silver hoochie, or bait heads with small anchovies caught fish. The kings can be very deep, we’ve chased and caught them from 30-200’. Not sure where your at (I’m in Cache Valley) but if you want to use some flashers, hoochies and bait heads pm me, I may even have some anchovies in the freezer also
(03-07-2022, 12:48 AM)2knots Wrote: I haven’t fished that lake but have gone after kings in Calif and Idaho lakes, flashers like a short bus or pro troll, sizes 8” or 11” with either a 3” blue with black, blue/silver hoochie, or bait heads with small anchovies caught fish. The kings can be very deep, we’ve chased and caught them from 30-200’. Not sure where your at (I’m in Cache Valley) but if you want to use some flashers, hoochies and bait heads pm me, I may even have some anchovies in the freezer also

Thanks but it's not till june
(03-07-2022, 12:56 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 12:48 AM)2knots Wrote: I haven’t fished that lake but have gone after kings in Calif and Idaho lakes, flashers like a short bus or pro troll, sizes 8” or 11” with either a 3” blue with black, blue/silver hoochie, or bait heads with small anchovies caught fish. The kings can be very deep, we’ve chased and caught them from 30-200’. Not sure where your at (I’m in Cache Valley) but if you want to use some flashers, hoochies and bait heads pm me, I may even have some anchovies in the freezer also

I saw that, they are here if you want to try them. What size kings have they caught there
(03-06-2022, 10:26 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: I can't believe how hard it is to find someone in Wyoming willing to give a report. 
I plan to get on jackson lake in June and I know they have lakers and king salmon . 
Can any Utah men share some knowledge about the tackle that's hot there? I know what works at the George, and I have lots of goods baits, I'll plan to use that. But really I'd like to hook on to a big salmon. 

Thanks my friends

Wyoming folks are just smarter, they don’t post about their fishing spots, they know the Utah guys will blow up their spots enough as it is ?
(03-07-2022, 01:00 AM)2knots Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 12:56 AM)doitall5000 Wrote:

I saw that, they are here if you want to try them. What size kings have they caught there

Thanks I'll keep your offer in mind, might go to Pocatello in May I'll contact you then. Thanks again.
(03-07-2022, 10:20 AM)remo_5_0 Wrote: Wyoming folks are just smarter, they don’t post about their fishing spots, they know the Utah guys will blow up their spots enough as it is ?

Attitudes in different states do differ, I fish every winter with friends in Wyoming that I have had for 40 years and they still want to blind fold me when we leave there house for the lake.
(03-07-2022, 10:20 AM)remo_5_0 Wrote:
(03-06-2022, 10:26 PM)doitall5000 Wrote: I can't believe how hard it is to find someone in Wyoming willing to give a report. 

Thanks my friends

Wyoming folks are just smarter, they don’t post about their fishing spots, they know the Utah guys will blow up their spots enough as it is ?

Covid shutdown a lot from working and drove folks to hammer away at the lakes. Now we have another phase with the price of fuel. Long distance driving to get to a watering hole will affect quite a few but staying with local lakes will see more activity. It will also limit some on how they go on recreation.  
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
(03-07-2022, 02:55 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote:
(03-07-2022, 10:20 AM)remo_5_0 Wrote: Wyoming folks are just smarter, they don’t post about their fishing spots, they know the Utah guys will blow up their spots enough as it is ?

Attitudes in different states do differ, I fish every winter with friends in Wyoming that I have had for 40 years and they still want to blind fold me when we leave there house for the lake.

True. So true.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Thumbs Up 
(03-07-2022, 10:20 AM)remo_5_0 Wrote:

Thanks my friends

Amen brother! I tried to make that point earlier this year here. Love your FL posts and envious.