Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake fisheries meeting 3/31/2022
Star 
The UDWR and IDFG will be co-hosting a meeting on 3/31/2022 in Garden City.  Here is a link to the news release.  I hope to see many of you there.  We hope this will be a good forum to show what is being done and prevent and rumors and or mis-information from being circulated.  
https://wildlife.utah.gov/news/utah-wild...ch-31.html
Hey Scott, will you be discussing the removal of trophy lake trout project by the IFG or has that project been pulled from consideration? I’m trying to get out of a prior commitment to attend. I would also like to know, if on a year like this one, where harvest of fish was high due to the ice access, will more fish be planted to replace the biomass that was removed?
I'll bet this long ice season will make a big difference over a usual year... Lots of folks that don't have boats, but like to keep fish got access to the good spots, so I'm sure a lot more fish than usual will be kept... Will that be a good thing or bad in the long run? We actually got a few skinny cuts this year, that is the first I've seen them for many years... I'd think the cisco runs from the last couple years would have been bigger than usual since the anglers didn't interrupt it much... Be interesting to see how 5 years of low pressure compare to this years high pressure season.. I'm going to try and get over to the meeting, long drive if I'm not fishing at the current gas prices... Guess they aren't doing a Zoom link to the meeting are they? Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!