Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Water Info, 2022-03-13
Willard 2022-03-13: My wife and I took a drive up to Willard today. Here is what we found at 3:30pm: 

No ice to be seen. Water levels were several feet below the rock dikes. There is a good medium flow of water coming over the baffles and into the inlet channel. The water temp in the middle of the South marina measured 42F. Water clarity was very murky. Wind was 6 mph out of the South. Air temp was 54F. Two boats were seen leaving the South marina and no others present.

We then drove up to the North marina. Both docks were out of the water (dry). The channel was quite narrow leading out of the marina due to the low water levels. Two bank tanglers in the marina area and only one boat on the lake. The North marina water was even more murky than the South marina. Probably due to the wind a waves coming out of the South.
That sounds fugly. Willard has always been my go-to lake because it's the closest. But maybe not this year. I refuse to go to Pineview, and Echo is closed. Looks like I'll be going farther afield despite gas prices.
Hey Rocky maybe I missed it somewhere, ok i did, but why is echo closed? Not that I'm going if it were open but just wondering.
Echo is closed while they do improvements as a new state park. I don't know if they will have a boat ramp open at all this year. Hope so, but don't know.
(03-13-2022, 07:40 AM)Trent_S Wrote: Willard 2022-03-13: My wife and I took a drive up to Willard today. Here is what we found at 3:30pm: 

No ice to be seen. Water levels were several feet below the rock dikes. There is a good medium flow of water coming over the baffles and into the inlet channel. The water temp in the middle of the South marina measured 42F. Water clarity was very murky. Wind was 6 mph out of the South. Air temp was 54F. Two boats were seen leaving the South marina and no others present.

We then drove up to the North marina. Both docks were out of the water (dry). The channel was quite narrow leading out of the marina due to the low water levels. Two bank tanglers in the marina area and only one boat on the lake. The North marina water was even more murky than the South marina. Probably due to the wind a waves coming out of the South.

Thanks for your report,  the state parks people are slow to keeping the information posted.  Willard will be different this year.
(03-13-2022, 03:39 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: That sounds fugly. Willard has always been my go-to lake because it's the closest. But maybe not this year. I refuse to go to Pineview, and Echo is closed. Looks like I'll be going farther afield despite gas prices.

Hope you kept your Yak. This might be a good year for it. Tongue