Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oneida/Vilas County Wisconsin
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Hi All,[/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]My son and I have two fishing trips planned for the summer to Vilas/Oneida county. We are experienced anglers, but have not fished the lakes in that area much. We are multi-species anglers, so we want to spend some time on Musky and then break from that and hit the Walleye, Pike and Small Mouth.[/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I do not want to chase trophy fish the first time out on these waters, we are looking for action. Would prefer the smaller lakes to hit a lot of water in a short time frame. Big water is a daunting task when you are unfamiliar with the water, so don't want to spend our time running from spot to spot hoping to run into fish. Would rather fish smaller lakes come in get lay of the water, hit some good looking spots, record the track and hit them a couple of times trying to hit a good bite.[/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Does anyone have suggestions for smaller lakes that hold good populations of Musky, Pike, Walleye and smallmouth. Would consider the larger bodies of water if we can focus on isolated areas of the lake where we have a good shot at covering good spots and hitting the fish. As mentioned, not hunting the trophies yet. Looking for a good action Musky lake, lake where we can get on some decent Walleyes and stay on them and lakes with good Pike and/or smallmouth action. [/font]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]We have about a 8 days to get on them and enjoy. Heading up first week of June the first time staying in the Tomahawk area. The second trip we are are staying just west of Minocqua and have about 5 days in that area the last week of June.[/font]