Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone.
I just joined BigFish - Thanks to fast_randy for inviting me.  I have been fishing all my life but still have a lot to learn, especially since I just moved here from Iowa after retirment.  While some fishing tactics are the same, I'm sure many I will have to adjust to.  My wife and I live in Spanish Fork and enjoy fishing together.  Our range will probably be from Willard Bay to the north and Yuba Lake to the south.  Of course, Utah Lake will be our primary, as it is so close.  We like cat fishing, but look forward to some Walleye, Northern, bass, and the trout fishing on Strawberry.  I look forward to reading the posts and getting updated information.  Has the cat fishing on Utah Lake picked up yet? Thanks for having me.  CatJerker.
Welcome to BFT and Utah. I look forward to reading your reports. You and your wife should join the catfish contest on the contest board on the Utah boards.
Welcome to the site, in case you have not found it already, here is a link to the Utah boards:
https://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/foru...hp?fid=386
Good to have you on board. Cant wait to see some fun posts of your trips.
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
(04-16-2022, 01:46 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: Good to have you on board. Cant wait to see some fun posts of your trips.

Thanks.  Hope to get out soon.  Right now trying to get an ignition switch and kill switch installed  It's a 1992 Alumacraft - 70 hp Evinrude with trottle control.  I have the ignition switch coming today and think I can get it in, but not sure how to hook up the kill switch.  Will check out youtube and see if there is a video.
Welcome to the site catjerker. I thought you might like it. It is a weird year at Utah Lake this year. I hope this white bass die off doesn't get worse. Tubedude will keep us informed I'm sure. If the catfish start bitting I will come down. Maybe we can get together. There are cats up at Willard Bay and Bear River. You've probably seen some posts.
And be aware. We are having a get together on May 14th at Willard. You and your wife need to get up and meet everyone. More info will be posted.

Glad to see you like trout and walleye also. Come up to Willard on the 14th and we can show you how to get the walleye.
(04-19-2022, 06:14 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Welcome to the site catjerker. I thought you might like it. It is a weird year at Utah Lake this year. I hope this white bass die off doesn't get worse. Tubedude will keep us informed I'm sure. If the catfish start bitting I will come down. Maybe we can get together. There are cats up at Willard Bay and Bear River. You've probably seen some posts.
And be aware. We are having a get together on May 14th at Willard. You and your wife need to get up and meet everyone. More info will be posted.

Glad to see you like trout and walleye also. Come up to Willard on the 14th and we can show you how to get the walleye.

Sounds like fun  Will look forward to the details of the 14th.
(04-19-2022, 06:14 PM)fast_randy Wrote: Welcome to the site catjerker. I thought you might like it. It is a weird year at Utah Lake this year. I hope this white bass die off doesn't get worse. Tubedude will keep us informed I'm sure. If the catfish start bitting I will come down. Maybe we can get together. There are cats up at Willard Bay and Bear River. You've probably seen some posts.

We are coming up on the 12th and will be camping at Cottonwood camp ground thru Saturday the 14th.  Please let me know how and where to get in touch.  Looking forward to meeting you and doing some fishing.