Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
150 fish caught on two consecutive days (40 + 110) on light jigs and at times under a
What I learned Tues and Wed. of last:
1. the potential of clear plastic lures (as if I didn't know that from years og catching bass on clear plastic surface lures like the Zara Spook and PopR.)
Clear soft plastic lures are halike chameleons constantly changing color depending on light and background in the water, plus light is reflected from the upper surface and within the body's internal bottom surface for easy visualization by fish in moderately clear/colored water. Note the differences in the photos. It is a subtle color that goes beautifully with the small-float slow & subtle presentation.

2. small cigar floats with pegs top and bottom to fix the line length beneath the float, has zero line tangles above the float like experienced using light jig heads vs the floats with spring clips.

3. float fishing is a valuable presentation when used with jigs and certain lure designs such as the thin-tail Mojo. I used it to catch 40+ fish in 3.5' and will be able to do the same in deeper water when fish are found deeper.

4. the Chubby short stick has a great action: body quiver and wobble that caught fish after fish.

5. Thin 3" worms - of the tapered design shown - had a unique whip action that caught 5 fish species. In fact all lures used that day caught at least 5 species of fish. Any heavier jig and/or shorter or longer hook would not have allowed that lure action or the slow mid-depth

Key was using a light jig - 1/32 oz, and #4 hook that enhanced the action of all slow moving lures mid-depth. presentation.

I value the above more than the numbers caught - which any lure cast by anyone could have accomplished.

Let me make something very clear: the incrdible catch is far from possible most days of the year. Very high water from buckets of spring rain positioned fish schools super shallow near and in wetlands and I have no idea why they were mixed with perch, bass and crappie swimming side-by-side. All I know was that I was in fisherman heaven catching so many per hour, with the boat anchored in 4 fOW for 2-3 hours! before moving 10 yds. I could hear splashes in brushy areas as fish attacked other fish, so feeding was going on. Fish in the schools weren't feeding - they were just there to gooble my soft plastic creations.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 150 fish caught on two consecutive days (40 + 110) on light jigs and at times under a - by SenkoSam - 04-18-2022, 02:53 PM