Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass and gators….
Been a busy month so far and have not been able to get out on the ocean, that will change next week. I did need a quick fix so I popped out into the backyard to see if the bass were hungry, at least a couple were. Good supply of gators this year also. Finished off with a beer.

[Image: F103-E787-E5-AE-40-C1-8-AC1-8861913-C53-B2.jpg]

[Image: 03-F616-DB-89-C9-497-E-A9-B2-170490271-E28.jpg]

[Image: 91116-F0-B-D0-AC-4-F5-E-B399-9-DBA69-AFACA8.jpg]

[Image: 9897-AE79-530-A-43-BB-AEC1-830-E1-B87-E162.jpg]

[Image: B407-B436-FD7-C-4-C92-B9-EB-01-BD95-EC3892.jpg]

[Image: E234-A518-1-D55-464-C-BF8-B-1-A944893-CA62.jpg]

[Image: E2-B2-DAE9-3902-4847-955-B-73268241387-E.jpg]
I'll be in Naples for a week the beginning of May. keep us posted on how the fishing is.
(04-20-2022, 11:44 AM)Gone Forever Wrote: I'll be in Naples for a week the beginning of May.  keep us posted on how the fishing is.

Tarpon and Snook on the beaches, along with Kingfish
Do people ever fish for gators or is it even legal to do so?
Kent, I’m sure they sell permits for them, but I am unsure. I’d like to say it’s like Louisiana Swamp People but I have no idea.
(04-22-2022, 05:04 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Do people ever fish for gators or is it even legal to do so?

You can't even harass them legally, even on your own property.  Much like if an Elk were to be grazing on your lawn.  
If you so much as throw a rock at it, that's harassing wild life.

Remo,
I have a feeling that the Kings will be north by then, Tarpon as well.  Pier rats are saying they already went through Naples.  Probably be up in Ft Meyers.  They tend to hesitate for a bit in San Carlos bay before heading to Boca.

Snook at daybreak along the beach is always reliable.  We will be staying within 3 blocks of the pier and there are a series of groins along the beach between there and Gordon pass that can be productive.  About a mile to the pass from the 33rd street access.
(04-22-2022, 06:21 PM)Gone Forever Wrote:
(04-22-2022, 05:04 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Do people ever fish for gators or is it even legal to do so?

You can't even harass them legally, even on your own property.  Much like if an Elk were to be grazing on your lawn.  
If you so much as throw a rock at it, that's harassing wild life.

Remo,
I have a feeling that the Kings will be north by then, Tarpon as well.  Pier rats are saying they already went through Naples.  Probably be up in Ft Meyers.  They tend to hesitate for a bit in San Carlos bay before heading to Boca.

Snook at daybreak along the beach is always reliable.  We will be staying within 3 blocks of the pier and there are a series of groins along the beach between there and Gordon pass that can be productive.  About a mile to the pass from the 33rd street access.
Ya, hoping the tarpon will be in my neck of the woods soon, I’m sure Boca is about to go off!
Lucky bugger!
We may be late for the kings and tarpon. According to the pier rats I've been in contact with they went through Naples last week. It was mayhem for 3 days with clouds of mullet trapped under the pier and the kings just screaming into them.
I suspect the Tarpon will be to San Carlos where they usually hesitate for a week before rounding the corner to Boca. I'll have to get in contact with some pier rats up there and see. Boca has that deep cut right along the south side of Gasparilla that just draws them in. Lots of water in and out of that pass.

We have a boat for some days (24' CC w/225) and plan to hit the 5 mile or Keewaydin reefs or if the weather is good make the run to the Wasmers. I hope there is bait.