Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC Day at Willard 4-20-22
Be interesting to see if having the buzz blade up front or near the rear will get more attention. I'll cast my vote for having it in front
(04-25-2022, 01:14 AM)EyLayo Wrote: Be interesting to see if having the buzz blade up front or near the rear will get more attention. I'll cast my vote for having it in front

I plan to give the fish plenty of opportunity to vote.  I too kinda think that the blade in front will work best.  But the psychology of the rear blade has been proven by several lure companies.  The theory is that it simulates the tail beat of an escaping prey item.  But since fish act mostly on instinct...and not reasoning...we will have to let THEM tell us what they want.  That's the kind of research I like.
So Pat are you out fishing today or tomorrow? Tuesday? Guess I should be working, but it's tempting to take a day off... later Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-25-2022, 01:34 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So Pat are you out fishing today or tomorrow?  Tuesday?  Guess I should be working, but it's tempting to take a day off... later Jeff

Just got home.  Beautiful day but catching was slow.  3 cats all at least 1 hour apart.  Saw  very little on sonar out of the north marina.  Curt and Ira launched out of the south marina and came over to hassle me and raid my flig stash.  They said there were quite a few boats out of the south marina and they marked some fish.  I'm sure they will post a report later.  My trip is not worthy of a separate report.
(04-25-2022, 07:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 01:34 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: So Pat are you out fishing today or tomorrow?  Tuesday?  Guess I should be working, but it's tempting to take a day off... later Jeff

Just got home.  Beautiful day but catching was slow.  3 cats all at least 1 hour apart.  Saw  very little on sonar out of the north marina.  Curt and Ira launched out of the south marina and came over to hassle me and raid my flig stash.  They said there were quite a few boats out of the south marina and they marked some fish.  I'm sure they will post a report later.  My trip is not worthy of a separate report.

You did better than we did Pat. We trolled cranks most of the time and only picked up one cat. We spent a little time bottom bouncing. We did not bring any chub to slow troll fligs but I did try using one of those new tail fludder fligs I got from you, using a worm but no luck.
Thanks for the update guys... I got an hour yesterday that I could fish, so I run to the Benson marina, waited for two boats to launch and then zipped over to a close spot and tried for 27 minutes before I had to run home... no fish wanted to play for me either... Looked like it should have been a good day, but a huge flock of gulls were going from the fields to the water around where I was fishing, probably throwing up their belly full of worms into the pond, so most likely the fish were full of worms already... Water temps were up to 59 degrees today, so i expect the cats should start to bite again, too bad I didn't have time to move to a different spot... Guess I just wanted to see if I could make that fast of a trip, most of the time I wouldn't try if I only had an hour, but this boat is sweet to launch and load, it is much faster than my old boat... 15 minutes from line in the water to get home to pick up my daughter... Old boat would take 15 minutes to motor back to the launch... I kind of like a fast boat... Not a quality trip, but I did enjoy trying, it's been a while since I've been out... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(04-26-2022, 01:09 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(04-25-2022, 07:16 PM)TubeDude Wrote:

You did better than we did Pat. We trolled cranks most of the time and only picked up one cat. We spent a little time bottom bouncing. We did not bring any chub to slow troll fligs but I did try using one of those new tail fludder fligs I got from you, using a worm but no luck.

Sorry to hear you guys had a bad day too.  I was expecting a glorious report.  See what happens when you don't have fligs and chub meat?  Although it didn't exactly treat me to a bananner day.  3 fish...all an hour apart...in different depths and different areas...and each on a different color.  I also tried the buzz blade rigs for a while, without results.  I'm thinking they will work a lot better when the water warms a bit and the fish get more active and aggressive.  I can see you guys doing well with them on your lead core setup.