Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard island markers
Fished Willard Weds for the first time this season, I have several questions that maybe someone could enlighten me on. When we launched at North Marina I noticed that the shallow water markers on either side of the ramp had been removed the water is still shallow there, I backed my trailer straight down the center of the ramp following the yellow line, plenty of water. A fisherman in an inflatable  pontoon boat told me i had done the right thing by staying in the middle of the ramp. he said the day before someone tried to launch off to the west edge of the ramp and got in a real pickle with trying to launch over the rocks they had dumped on both sides of the ramp. Who's BRAIN FART was that pulling up the shallow water markers on the ramp? The next thing I noticed when we were trolling near the island was that the three white markers that i thought were placed where the island was are not actually on the island but several hundred yards to the East.... My Lowrance indicated the correct location of the island as we approached....is the this suppose to be some sort of a weird joke played on the water users or just idiots not knowing where the island actually is or did they put some structure in that location? Just curious.
Sounds like some new rookie rangers just not knowing what they are doing, in both cases. The bigger question is, how was the catching?
(04-23-2022, 01:15 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Sounds like some new rookie rangers just not knowing what they are doing, in both cases. The bigger question is, how was the catching?

Fishing and weather was great, catching pretty much sucked, my son lost one good fish mid lake trolling Flicker shad came unbuttoned half way in so never got to see what it was. The trip was mainly to get the boat back in the water and do a spring ops check of equipment, hadn't been on the water since July. I have several weeks booked at the Cottonwoods campground starting next week and running thru most of June, hopefully the water level holds up that long.
I think the water level should be good until the end of June, maybe into July but after that, it's hard to tell. If you want to tell them about those problems you can call the the park and leave at message, the number is 435-734-9494. I think to leave a message you need to select option number 5, 6 or 7.
(04-23-2022, 02:01 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: I think the water level should be good until the end of June, maybe into July but after that, it's hard to tell. If you want to tell them about those problems you can call the the park and leave at message, the number is 435-734-9494. I think to leave a message you need to select option number 5, 6 or 7.

It looks like enough viewers have seen the post, i just wanted to give other members a heads up.