Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch your rods... Fish will take them!
I have a good story for you guys Big Grin I went fishing with some buddies and a fish yanked my rod in the water. I immediately jumped in and ended up finding the rod. I picked it up and the fish was still on! And I discovered it was a little wiper, which comes with no surprise because wipers are famous for hitting like that. Anyways it was crazy and i'm lucky to have gotten it back. Video link below. The funniest part about it is that my friend told me about this spot and to watch my rods because a fish took his as well. So a note to you all watch your rods people lol.

https://youtu.be/Sec27U9z_KM
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Just lost a rod at Willard on Friday. That sucked!
Selective Harvest!
(05-02-2022, 05:30 PM)scartinez Wrote: Just lost a rod at Willard on Friday. That sucked!

It's crazy how strong those wipers are!
Why do I like fishing so much? The same reason why you like breathing so much, It keeps me alive.
Tether it or lose it.
the old Kaysville Ponds...caught a lot fish in those in the 80's & 90's, back when it was just a bass and blue gill fishery. This story reminds me of when I took my Dad to ice-off at OC 4 years ago, and he set his fly rod down about 10 feet up the bank to take a wiz, and sure enough a big rainbow pulled his rod out into the lake. We could see his rod swimming around in the water in the bay for awhile, then it finally went all the way under. We kept fishing for the day, and near the end of the day my Dad accidentally snagged his own fly rod and got it back! Craziest thing I've every seen in my 40 years of fishing...of course the fish was off at that point, but something we'll never forget, lol.
(05-02-2022, 04:37 PM)Backyard Boy T.V. Wrote: I have a good story for you guys Big Grin I went fishing with some buddies and a fish yanked my rod in the water. I immediately jumped in and ended up finding the rod. I picked it up and the fish was still on! And I discovered it was a little wiper, which comes with no surprise because wipers are famous for hitting like that. Anyways it was crazy and i'm lucky to have gotten it back. Video link below. The funniest part about it is that my friend told me about this spot and to watch my rods because a fish took his as well. So a note to you all watch your rods people lol.

https://youtu.be/Sec27U9z_KM

Here's one.  Ten or so years back I was fishing for cats with my sons on the Mississippi River, North of Keokuk, Iowa. I had one pole in and was getting another one ready when my boy hollered "Pole".  I spun around in my seat just in time to see the rod with Abu Garcia bait caster go in the water.  I had the hook and weight on the other rod so I started making casts down stream and dragging the bottom.  On about the 4th or 5th cast i reeled up my line and pulled in .  No fish, but was sure happy to get the fishing gear back.                                   By the way, anyone have a recommendation for a good campground around Willard Bay?  I know that there are 3 on the Bay but wondering if any one has a favorite close by.  We want to come up from Spanish Fork in a couple of weeks and fish for a few days .
There's a place that calls itself a campground right at the turnoff from Hwy 89 in Willard, but it looks pretty...sparse. There's also a KOA a couple miles north of there also on 89.
Nice Catch!!…. Twice!!
(05-09-2022, 04:45 AM)Fishin_Fool78 Wrote: Nice Catch!!…. Twice!!

Thanks!