Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Friday 5.6.22
Hit Mantua Friday for some bass fishing. Beautiful morning but catching was slow. Hit the south shoreline trees and got one 12" LMB. Tried the East side with no luck. Finally tried the dam area and got another 12" on a chatterbait. Beautiful morning (too calm for my liking) Plenty of water and the ramp is in good condition.
Thanks for posting your report, we sure don't get many from Mantua this time of the year. Do you ever catch anything else but bass while casting along the shore?
(05-06-2022, 07:24 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Thanks for posting your report, we sure don't get many from Mantua this time of the year. Do you ever catch anything else but bass while casting along the shore?

Not much, usually just bass. If you go smaller with your jigs you might catch a bluegill
Good to see you found your way back onto the board.  Keep on fishing and posting your reports. 

I used to love Mantua and fished it a lot.  But once the power squadron discovered it I don't launch my tube on it anymore.  Not fun to be a pylon in the numbskull slalom races.
plus having to deal with the local police that have a passion for ticketing anglers for any whim!!!  used to be a fun place!
(05-08-2022, 06:13 PM)Therapist Wrote: plus having to deal with the local police that have a passion for ticketing anglers for any whim!!!  used to be a fun place!

Ahhh yes.  Had a couple of "brushes" with old "Barney".  Understand he is long gone but they got a couple more from the Barney clone department.  Don't know why that city thinks that visitors and outsiders are their own private source of revenue...by whatever trumped up charges they can come up with.