Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake 5-6-22
First trip out on the boat with the gas motor on this year (no gas motors allowed at grantsville)
Decided to go try deer creek and ended up getting there about 10am, not to windy quite a few people out on the water. About the time I got all the way across the lake where I was planning on jigging for some eyes the wind kicked up and was white caps in no time. Being in my 16' flat bottom i decided to get outta there before it got worse, by the time I got to the ramp I was soaked and so was everything in the boat. Decided to swing by utah lake and check the conditions.... it was glass and only a couple boat trailers in the lot. So I launched from the state park and tried the river channel and the north of the marina for a while with 0 luck and about 4fow, motored out to the middle between the provo marina and Saratoga and found 7fow and threw out the chunks of carp dragging the bottom drifting wherever the slight random breeze wanted me to go, ended up with 7 cats 22-27" didn't have my cat placard so ill have to remember it next time. Kept 4 for the fryer.

[Image: 20220506-163836.jpg]

[Image: 20220506-165212.jpg]

[Image: 20220506-170336.jpg]

[Image: 20220506-182114.jpg]
I'm glad you found out where the fish are hiding out.  Richard and I went yesterday and caught 10 nice cats, most in 6 to 7 fow.  We doubled twice, each pulling in a 25 incher. We brought 2 home to make Cat Fish sandwiches with. Yummm.