Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lincoln Beach
Got to Lincoln about 6:30, Moosman and BLK  showed right after,  bit of conversation then out we went, I headed to the island, managed a few WB and a good cat on a custom jig, thanks pat. didnt have my placard Sad , so its just for fun.

[Image: IMG-20220514-080758940-5.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220514-080419082-4.jpg]

headed towards the orchards,  talked to Lyn for bit, he said he had a couple mid 20s, I  trolled cranks down past the orchards, nothing,  hit few a spots on the way back, some more wb and carp by the tail. 

water hit 59 deg, fairly stained from Sp Fork river, clearer out to the island, seen several carp cruising the surface with in bow range,  

Lyn  wb are showing up out in front of that little island.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Good to talk to you Mike. Did not recognize Moosman and crew but good to see them. I stayed until noon and then had to get back home. I only caught the two fish today but it was good to get back on the water even if the ketchin' was slow. Too bad about the big cat you caught. I thought it was nice of me to offer the use of my placard and name. I was offended when you declined. Wink

I had a good chat with Richard and Vi before they left for the island. Before I could surreptitiously follow them they invited to join them. They gave me a good lead on one of their best spots so I am beholden to them. Always good to visit with them.

Good to know the white bass are schooling at the semi-island. I will be there Monday for a restock of my cat bait. I saw a few carp getting into the action and I had my bow with me but no chance for a shot. My temp reading hit 60 degrees a couple of times. Mid-60 temps should be here next week for sure. 

Thanks again for the visit and the wb report.
Lynn aka BLK
Humm. I'm going to need to bring an old school thermometer with me to check the accuracy of my transducer readings. I was getting 65 degrees around bird island, 55 at Provo inlet, and 68 at the Knolls. I'm betting that your temp readings are more accurate given I couldn't find a single white bass willing to nibble my offerings.
It was good to see you guys and chat briefly. We trolled around but never had any luck. I have a stainless steel prop so I don't dare to to the island yet. I'm sure I would be fine as I would keep my distance but I have an aluminum one coming. So next time
Nice fish Mike, Hey if you don't have a placard, just put a piece of paper with your name and year of contest, I know the guy that scores this contest and he's been known to be lenient on occasion... Especially since our prizes are more about personal accomplishment and team bragging rights... So don't let those good ones go un recorded... Great fish though, those big headed males are quite the brutes... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
(05-16-2022, 12:42 PM)SkunkedAgain Wrote: Nice fish Mike, Hey if you don't have a placard, just put a piece of paper with your name and year of contest, I know the guy that scores this contest and he's been known to be lenient on occasion... Especially since our prizes are more about personal accomplishment and team bragging rights... So don't let those good ones go un recorded... Great fish though, those big headed males are quite the brutes... Later J

Thanks, when he first hit and made a couple runs I figured it was a one of those notherens, I have had my line cut a couple time out there, good fight then gone, looks like snippers cut it,  he put up a good fight on my light walleye tackle,
               O.C.F.D.
Is there starting to be enough pike that it's not a fluke to get one? Seems like I'm seeing a lot of stories lately about catching pike out of UL.... that probably has the F&G all nervous if the numbers are growing... I guess a top tier predator that can reproduce can really ruin a fishery if they get going... Hope they don't get to be too much of an issue... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
I put one and my brother put one in my boat this year, both mid 20s, I think there is a bunch around lincoln area, talked a nother guy that got cut off around the island also, yay I think the F&G are fearing for the the junies lives,
               O.C.F.D.