Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the status of Strawberry?
I fished Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week all from camp at Strawberry. On Monday, Doitall5000 met me in Heber. We intended to drive to Soldier Creek, but just before the Strawberry Bay turn, we noticed Liketrolling on the side of the road with flashers going. I stopped to call him, but before I could get the phone out, he started again and passed me, turning to Strawberry Bay - so we followed.

After a short while, it appeared our better luck would be on Soldier Creek, so we motored through the narrows. There were quite a few boats there but not so that it was uncomfortable. We did better - 7 kokanee with number 8 coming as we trolled back toward the narrows. Always great fishing with VerDean.

Tuesday Kevin joined me at the Strawberry ramp. I was in favor of SC, but he wanted to stay on Strawberry. We trolled almost every location that I have previously had success, but Tuesday was wasted gas. 11 cutts only.

Wednesday I was by myself. The schools had moved from where we found them Monday - but not too far. Again there were quite a few boats. I could see the kokanee schools but the catching was not particularly fast. Managed 2 decent kokanee.

Today, Thursday, we woke up to gale force winds so we packed up and came home to mow lawns and other fun stuff. Be back up next week for more fun.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s the status of Strawberry? - by Bduck - 05-17-2022, 01:42 AM
RE: What’s the status of Strawberry? - by brookie - 05-19-2022, 07:37 PM