Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUB T14 ....Tube? Pontoon?

Hey there TubeDude,

Not sure on the exact Model Number!

Saw a seminar on ocean float tubing and a bunch of guys were using these older 7 foot long u-boat float tubes. The things will hold up to 350 lbs and even had rubber oar locks if you wanted to paddle it. That boat is not made any more but it sure looked like it do a lot of different jobs..... incuding lower class river rafting.

No doubt, you've got one of these!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nay, JapanRon my friend, I do not have such a critter in my stable. I am aware of several LARGE open front "TUBES" that offer the option of using oars. Stearns had one out for awhile, but I have never invested in one. I think if I was going to that extent, I would get a real 'toon, with the metal frame and high seating, etc.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]I was just reading a new issue of Southwest Fly Fishing and there is an ad in there of a similar craft...long twin airchambers and optional oar power. what really caught my attention was the name. They call it a 'SUPER CAT". Now it is not made by Outcast, like the true Fat Cats and Fish cAts, so it appears to be an attempt to horn in on the good name built by Outcast. I have not been able to find a website or online pic for them. However, if you like, I will scan and post a copy of the ad.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey JR, back atcha on that craft. My subconscious kicked in and I remembered it was made by Creek Company. A little research divulged that it is the Sub "714". Here is a pic and a link to a site with some more info on it. It is pricey, at around $350. That's in the range of the Super Fat Kitty, but it looks like it has some potential.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1][url "http://www.art-prints.net/sub714.html"]http://www.art-prints.net/sub714.html[/url] [/size][/#0000ff]

[Image: TheSUB714SportUtilityBoat-1.jpg]

[blue][size 1]I like the looks of it, and the high back rest. The seat on the SFC has never been the biggest selling point in my book.[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Anybody out there in tubing land have any first hand experience with one of these?[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]

Hey TubeDude,

That's the number.. I don't know why I didn't include the number! The one's I saw were yellow... which made them look much bigger! We have a shop down in Newport that sponsors an ocean float tube trip once a month and the guides used these tubes.

JapanRon
[signature]