Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish taxidermist recommendation.
My brothers grandson caught a nice lake trout and would like to have a mount done. 

Would anybody have a recommendation for taxidermist that works on fish?

Thanks in advance.
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
(07-21-2022, 06:14 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: My brothers grandson caught a nice lake trout and would like to have a mount done. 

Would anybody have a recommendation for taxidermist that works on fish?

Thanks in advance.

Must not be a lot of members on today this early but I can share the name of a taxidermist that others know are well. Don, from Wilderness taxidermy 801-776-7091. I just talked to him he said it was OK to share his number with you. He did my Desert Bighorn sheep and he did a great job but he also does fish, he just told me he is working on a bunch right now and I'm sure he would be willing to share some pics of his work if you ask. He has been in the business for a lot of years and has done fish for Packfan among others on BFT. He is up here in the Layton area. Hope that helps
Thank you.

I will pass this along to him.
(07-22-2022, 06:49 PM)a_bow_nut Wrote: Thank you.

I will pass this along to him.

Dan Johnson of Wilderness Taxidermy in Syracuse UT. has done quite a few mounts for my family and I over the years Fish, birds and big game.
[Image: Brendas-Tom.jpg]

[Image: Gales-Ut-Bull-2006.jpg]

[Image: Gales-Ut-Bull-2006.jpg]
I don't know if Jerry is still working, but Jerry Chivers of SLC is the BEST when it comes to fish. His artwork is IMACULATE and the mount comes out incredible. I'll PM the last phone number I have for him. Check him out !!
Thanks guys.