Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holston River Fishing
Today we took the grandkids down by the river near my home in Rogersville, TN to do some largemouth bass fishing. We tried several types of shad lures like Pogy Swim Shad from Powerbait, Zoom Salty Super Fluke Baby Bass from  Zoom, Swimming Super Fluke Jr White Ice, and several different types of lures I have collected over the years. Fish were just not biting. Grandkids and I still had a great day. One thing that got to me though was the trash that people leave behind. I took out 6 Walmart bags full of trash. People are just disgusting sometimes. We are going to try and fish for some catfish later in the week. 
[Image: 20220725-083159.jpg]

[Image: 20220725-083244.jpg]

[Image: 20220725-083304.jpg]

Nighthawk
(07-25-2022, 09:03 PM)nighthawk Wrote: Today we took the grandkids down by the river near my home in Rogersville, TN to do some largemouth bass fishing. We tried several types of shad lures like Pogy Swim Shad from Powerbait, Zoom Salty Super Fluke Baby Bass from  Zoom, Swimming Super Fluke Jr White Ice, and several different types of lures I have collected over the years. Fish were just not biting. Grandkids and I still had a great day. One thing that got to me though was the trash that people leave behind. I took out 6 Walmart bags full of trash. People are just disgusting sometimes. We are going to try and fish for some catfish later in the week. 

Bass fishing can be tough from shore in the heat of the Summer. We did much better for panfish and cats when fishing locations like that. I have a lot of family just South of you in Alabama. We use to fish Guntersville all the time when we were kids and later, as we got older the Tenn river by the nuclear power plant there in Ala.
(07-26-2022, 01:21 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 09:03 PM)nighthawk Wrote: Today we took the grandkids down by the river near my home in Rogersville, TN to do some largemouth bass fishing. We tried several types of shad lures like Pogy Swim Shad from Powerbait, Zoom Salty Super Fluke Baby Bass from  Zoom, Swimming Super Fluke Jr White Ice, and several different types of lures I have collected over the years. Fish were just not biting. Grandkids and I still had a great day. One thing that got to me though was the trash that people leave behind. I took out 6 Walmart bags full of trash. People are just disgusting sometimes. We are going to try and fish for some catfish later in the week. 

Bass fishing can be tough from shore in the heat of the Summer. We did much better for panfish and cats when fishing locations like that. I have a lot of family just South of you in Alabama. We use to fish Guntersville all the time when we were kids and later, as we got older the Tenn river by the nuclear power plant there in Ala.
Guntersville was also a favorite place I use to fish during my high school years. Also live across the state line in yet earlier years in Fayetteville & Petersburg. My mom was born north of Memphis along the Mississippi River near Booths Point and grew up in Dyersburg, Tenn.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF