Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fruit alley, South of Brigham city
Drove up there today to see what fruit they had. Not many fruit stands open today, only two. One of the nicest ones that we stopped by was Tagge's, they had a decent selection for this early in the season. 
I've never really looked around there but this time we did and I was very impressed with a couple of old trucks they had, here are a couple I saw.

[Image: cool-old-Tagge-s-truck.jpg]

[Image: Model-T.jpg]

Next after buying some pears and apricots, I had to make a pit stop before we left. I will have to say, someone took a lot of time making these restrooms, I have never seen anything like them, so I had to take some pics of the sinks.

[Image: second-RR.jpg]

When you turn on the hot or cold water it comes down into that round globe on the left, then out the spout at the bottom, very impressive design. Both sinks are made out of copper or likely bronze
[Image: First-RR.jpg]

Not sure anyone else will find this interesting but it sure caught my attention.
THE fruit stand is Pettingill's. On Saturday mornings, they get Jack's Bread Truck. You have not had bread if you have not had Jack's .It's that good. And do NOT miss a jar of Pettingill's candied jalapenos. Candied jalapenos. Dice them up fine, mix with cream cheese with a bit of the juice and spread on a cracker. OMG
That's some pretty cool stuff, especially the sinks
Very cool, got to get some of those pickled (correction candied) jalapeños Rocky mentioned. I was up on Willard Peak this am watching the goats and the traffic below, quite the view
NOT pickled! CANDIED.
(07-31-2022, 11:26 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: NOT pickled! CANDIED.

Got it, I did tell my wife candied. lol
Enjoy it while it lasts.........
https://www.sltrib.com/news/environment/...y-goodbye/
(07-31-2022, 10:14 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: THE fruit stand is Pettingill's. On Saturday mornings, they get Jack's Bread Truck. You have not had bread if you have not had Jack's .It's that good. And do NOT miss a jar of Pettingill's candied jalapenos. Candied jalapenos. Dice them up fine, mix with cream cheese with a bit of the juice and spread on a cracker. OMG

Finally was able to go by when they were open and picked up a couple jars, soooo good. Thanks for the recommendation. 

Also peaches are in now
I'm glad you took it!
Tagge's has some fantastic berry and jalapeno jam. probably 10 flavors , salsa and also syrups that are great.
Well, it serves me right...

After I lauded Pettingill's candied jalapenos so much, when we went by there today to get some (as well as other produce) they were SOLD OUT!
(08-26-2022, 10:36 PM)RockyRaab2 Wrote: Well, it serves me right...

After I lauded Pettingill's candied jalapenos so much, when we went by there today to get some (as well as other produce) they were SOLD OUT!

They only had 2 jars when I stopped on Tuesday, the ladies at the cash register were all talking about how good they were
The owner said she has more of it in stock, but they're too busy now to get it on the shelves. They're swamped with business now that peaches are in. The parking lot was full on a weekday; it'll be a zoo there this morning with Jack's bread truck arriving as well. His bread probably doubles their Saturday sales.