Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopefully Some Good News
https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-lake-is...tate-lands

The link above reports on what I hope is some good news for Utah Lake and Utah taxpayers. It sounds the State is figuring out the SCAM
Hope that becomes the end of that whole mess. Leave UL as it is except maybe dredge out the marina channels a bit more.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Actually there is an option out there that is proven and viable. One of the candidates for Utah County Commission brought it up during the run up to the County Convention. Steve Diamond was running for the commission. I will have to look and find the link, but the process is in use in other parts of the world and solves many of the problems that Utah Lake has.
So it's funny how they are having fits about the great salt lake running dry and how not having the full lake area is going to destroy the world because it will reduce evaporation for the snow for the ski resorts and make dust and here these guys are arguing that putting islands in the lake will be good and reduce evaporation and water loss... Dude get your stories straight... Also the issue they really need to address if they want nice clear water is to get rid of the carp and we've seen how successful that attempt has been... Loye's have pulled a lot of carp out of the lake and I doubt it's any closer to being carp free... I don't know but this whole island thing has seemed really unfair to me from the start, it seems that the public is bank rolling some speculators that are planning on stealing public lands, so I'm happy that they found some legal challenges to the heist... The fantasy islands sound great if you're the one that reaps the windfall, but they would probably put one of their islands on top of bird island and ruin all the fishing... Later J
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
there is a good update story on this situation on KSL news today.
LINK TO UPDATE ARTICLE

After state strikes island idea, what's next in the effort to restore Utah Lake?

By Carter Williams, KSL.com | Posted - Aug. 24, 2022 at 11:41 a.m.