Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry yesterday
Got an invite from Shawn to fish with him and Brookie. We arrive and launched by 6:30am. John caught the first kokes and we caught a few cutts before we reached the rest of the fishing fleet. We caught more cutts up to 20" and two more kokes up to 17" before we came by close to Robert(liketrolling), Kent and one other guy, at that point they had 2 kokes. We picked one my koke and that was it for the day. We kept catching cutts but that really slowed down after noon.
It was a fun trip - great to be out with Shawn and Curt. Fishing wasn't too bad either at least for this year. Water temp has started to drop a bit more - 66* surface at launch. It stayed overcast and cool with relatively little wind most of the day.
Really enjoyed getting out with you guys, great conversation when the catching slowed down. 
Here are a couple of pics I took. 

[Image: Berry-cutt.jpg]

[Image: Berry-kokes.jpg]
I think I have had enough of Strawberry this year (but will go if my wife wants are if 3 people call me that I live by)
fished 4 days this week, I have got a lot of fish this year but not the kind I want to catch. so it may be the worst year I have ever had.   I still  have a freezer  full of kokanee and people are coming to get them. and when I take some one I give the kokanee to them.

So Tuesday  think I will take my wife fishing In Idaho. see what that is like.;
(08-20-2022, 08:24 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I think I have had enough of Strawberry this year (but will go if my wife wants are if 3 people call me that I live by)
fished 4 days this week, I have got a lot of fish this year but not the kind I want to catch. so it may be the worst year I have ever had.   I still  have a freezer  full of kokanee and people are coming to get them. and when I take some one I give the kokanee to them.

So Tuesday  think I will take my wife fishing In Idaho. see what that is like.;

Did you guys catch any more after I talked to you on the water there?
(08-20-2022, 08:24 PM)liketrolling Wrote: I think I have had enough of Strawberry this year (but will go if my wife wants are if 3 people call me that I live by)
fished 4 days this week, ...

Moderators, someone has highjacked Robert's account.  He never tires of Strawberry kokanee fishing. Wink
(08-20-2022, 06:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got an invite from Shawn to fish with him and Brookie. We arrive and launched by 6:30am. John caught the first kokes and we caught a few cutts before we reached the rest of the fishing fleet. We caught more cutts up to 20" and two more kokes up to 17" before we came by close to Robert(liketrolling), Kent and one other guy, at that point they had 2 kokes. We picked one my koke and that was it for the day. We kept catching cutts but that really slowed down after noon.

It was great fishing with a couple BFT legends, they put up with my minor battery issue, otherwise we may have gotten a couple more Kokes. I left my downriggers plugged in from my last trip and they drained my starter and accessories batteries that lost us a half hour of prime time fishing. Curt’s Kokanee was funny, both Brookie and I kept seeing one of Curt’s rods bounce and pointed it out to him several times until he finally picked it up saying the bounce didn’t seem like a Koke and both Brookie and I responded, you can’t catch Kokanee if you have a cutt on, you might as well check it. Turned out it was a Koke that didn’t wake up until it saw the boat. I’m looking forward to putting this tough Koke Season to bed. I do plan hitting the berry this fall to jig for cutts.

(08-20-2022, 06:48 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Got an invite from Shawn to fish with him and Brookie. We arrive and launched by 6:30am. John caught the first kokes and we caught a few cutts before we reached the rest of the fishing fleet. We caught more cutts up to 20" and two more kokes up to 17" before we came by close to Robert(liketrolling), Kent and one other guy, at that point they had 2 kokes. We picked one my koke and that was it for the day. We kept catching cutts but that really slowed down after noon.

It was great fishing with a couple BFT legends, they put up with my minor battery issue, otherwise we may have gotten a couple more Kokes. I left my downriggers plugged in from my last trip and they drained my starter and accessories batteries that lost us a half hour of prime time fishing. Curt’s Kokanee was funny, both Brookie and I kept seeing one of Curt’s rods bounce and pointed it out to him several times until he finally picked it up saying the bounce didn’t seem like a Koke and both Brookie and I responded, you can’t catch Kokanee if you have a cutt on, you might as well check it. Turned out it was a Koke that didn’t wake up until it saw the boat. I’m looking forward to putting this tough Koke Season to bed. I do plan hitting the berry this fall to jig for cutts.
I don't know about being a legend, especially not at the Berry, a good example was the koke that I thought was a cutt. Thanks again for the invite Shawn.
One more cutty pic, this is a top view, thought it had some nice spots. Click on it to enlarge.

[Image: topviewofcutt.jpg]